Formula Boinc 2017

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hmm seems I can only download enough units for the amount of cores, ie 32 core servers only download enough units to run 1 per core at a time. good job I have virtual box installed.

This is what I'm seeing on all my machines, I thought it was because my resource share was on 0% but even after I changed it to 100% it's the same.
It might be because none of my machines have been credited as doing any valid work before, all the work units I have returned thus far are 'pending', we'll see when some become valid if it gives me more work, regardless, no bunkering from me for now. I'll see if it changes in the morning.

Soldato
OP
OK, well I now have valid work units and the server still isn't giving me any more work units than my core count. The event log says that I have reached my limit on tasks in progress regardless of my cache settings. I'll wait now to see when my machines become 'trusted' and see if that makes any difference.

Soldato
ye myn also, just noticed my main pc has downloaded quite a few :)
edit, all systems now downloaded plenty of WU's

I hope you've been around tex connection and got wcg set up :D

Last edited:
Associate
I found that a few of my boxes did not already have WCG as a project, so I added it of course and those boxes had to UPLOAD results before WCG would send me a reasonable sized queue. I was seeing the message about having reached my task limit on those boxes as well.

As for being out of tasks, don't fret, it's a huge project and they are constantly producing new work.

Anandtech isn't split this time: Last Sprint we had decided to hold back a few people who were keeping our place in the PrimeGrid race while the rest of us ran the Sprint. Hopefully AT can hold off OCuK this round, or at least make it a closer race than NumberFields. ;)

I was hoping to have a new rig for this race, but the motherboard was bad. :( I did finally buy a UPS though! Big sucker, puts out 7200 watts!

Back
Top Bottom