Noise, too much

Soldato
I have far too much going on and I have had enough. I have a Fractal Design Define S case with 3x intake fans and 2x exhaust fans at the back / top. All are upgraded Fractal Dynamic GP-14 fans.

The issue, I think is the CPU cooler and I have a toasty 4790K being cooled by a Sapphire Vapour-X which seems to be the problem. It goes nuts when gaming and I can hear it through my headphones.

So what should one do? Considering getting a big lump of an AIO cooler for the CPU as I am assuming (though not sure), that the fans will need to spin less to keep it cool?

For aesthetic reasons and the fact that it will slot into the front of the case, have been mulling over getting a Fractal Design Kelvin S36. Is this overkill? Will this affect the case temps having the entire intake at the front taken up by a massive radiator?

I'm just a bit confused here so hoping someone can help me out!

ta

Associate
Hi,

The fans on the cooler you listed can reach speeds of 2200rpm so if they are running at max under load then it will be loud. Before you spend money on a new cooler have you tried controlling the fan speed at all?

Also, if it's particularly loud when gaming, what graphics card do you have? I find the source of most noise in my build is from the graphics card when gaming so that may be the issue here.

Soldato
Yeah I agree with David, I would check the temps using HWinfo64 or something similar and see what's going on first, it might just be a case of setting a new cpu fan curve.

Soldato
OP
Temps on the CPU are ok when gaming, in the 60's. GPU does get a little noisy, it is a Powercolour 390 PCS, but I have no desire to change the cooler and in any case, am waiting to see if Vega is any good before just going for a 1070.

Back
Top Bottom