Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
Perfect, thank you.

I tried this last night. I've always despised motion controls for the artefacts they introduce. So I'm now left with a toss up between tracers or artefacts. My 1080p samsung was 60hz too but did not exhibit the same issues.

On the verge of sending this back as it hasn't blown me away at all. None of the inputs I use have anything close to the same vividness of the colours in the menu screens. I at least know the menu is capable, I just dont have anything that can make use of the tech.

I don't get any artefacts using motion controls. I use a custom setting of 1 and 3....

No idea what you are doing with the colours tbh I have no issue with colours not being vivid . I spent ages toning them down tbh...

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I don't get any artefacts using motion controls. I use a custom setting of 1 and 3....

You can't interpolate frames and NOT get artefacts. Whether or not you notice them is a different story.

I've used all colour settings from AVF and alternatives in this thread. Nothing is jaw-dropping.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've used all colour settings from AVF and alternatives in this thread. Nothing is jaw-dropping.

You also don't know what the gamma could be doing to the picture on your specific set whether there are kinks in the line. Looks like there is a monster spike at default towards 2.7/8. Granted its only 95% grey. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/oled55b6v-201611044381.htm

Damn, there are a lot of errors on this set with the colour checker sg patches post calibration.

Soldato
You can't interpolate frames and NOT get artefacts. Whether or not you notice them is a different story.

Sounds like you might have a dodgy one. My first was not as good as the one I have now. I would just return it as you have said you have nothing that can make use of it.

I have no issues with the colours on mine which I calibrated with the good old mk1 eyeball.

Associate
Hi guys, got an e6, was just wondering if anyone with sky q gets the message 'this screen does not support hdcp.....'. only happens first thing in the morning and have to turn sky box on and off again.
I have to use vivid colour mode as isf is way too dark with green tinge, will have a play at some point, but I hate trying to calibrate.
Also wanted to thank you guys as this thread has been extremely helpful. Turned off tru motion and the difference is like night and day, before was watching Guy Martin's spitfire programme and the spitfire would flicker and actually disappear when it got small not to mention the random distortion around people.

Associate
Hi guys, got an e6, was just wondering if anyone with sky q gets the message 'this screen does not support hdcp.....'. only happens first thing in the morning and have to turn sky box on and off again.
Not seen that but I have had a completely messed up screen once that need the Q to be power cycled to cure. I'm running through a Denon AV amp so that might make things different.

Soldato
My PS4 is set to DTS as it's a higher bitrate than Dolby. Not tried playing a Blu-Ray yet so not sure what happens there. I imagine the TV just converts anything Dolby to DTS 5.1.

Just tried and it seems to, Put a DolbyHD encoded movie in Xbox and it displayed DTS on soundbar decoder.

I will give it some time like this and see how I find it, as it does make it easier not having to worry about switching inputs all the time on the soundbar.

Soldato
Just tried and it seems to, Put a DolbyHD encoded movie in Xbox and it displayed DTS on soundbar decoder.

I will give it some time like this and see how I find it, as it does make it easier not having to worry about switching inputs all the time on the soundbar.

After some thinking Ive kept ARC on but I have decided to keep my devices connected to the Soundbar, just feel for the money I paid for the soundbar I should really be using the connections on it so I can get HD audio (even if there is no difference quality wise).

As for picture mode Its rare I need to change it from game mode to ISF expert anyway, only time I need to do that is if I play a disc on the XBOX.

Changing inputs on the soundbar is a faff but it at least automatically changes back to TV-ARC when I switch from HDMI to TV freeview, before I would need to press TV on the yamaha remote due to not using ARC.

Soldato
I cannot tell any difference from DTS 5.1 on my Pro to DTS HD 7.1 both sound equally as good to me. So I use it connected to TV as no need to switch anything. I spent a good few hours comparing and could not find anything that sounded better with HD audio......

Soldato
I cannot tell any difference from DTS 5.1 on my Pro to DTS HD 7.1 both sound equally as good to me. So I use it connected to TV as no need to switch anything. I spent a good few hours comparing and could not find anything that sounded better with HD audio......

I tested some DTS and I could not tell from what I listened to but I just rather have everything into the Soundbar. Having CEC control and ARC on is much better though.

Soldato
Fair enough. I like it all auto switching as I don't need the Yamaha remote just the TV one....

I just picked up one of the little Yamaha speakers to go with soundbar. It sounds great for a little speaker and works really well....

Soldato
Fair enough. I like it all auto switching as I don't need the Yamaha remote just the TV one....

I just picked up one of the little Yamaha speakers to go with soundbar. It sounds great for a little speaker and works really well....

I was going to get one of them in a bundle with the soundbar but decided not to, as I have Sonos Play 1s.

Have you got Netflix 4K?

Soldato
It's a great little speaker.

Yes been watching Prison break which is not 4k..... :)

Not much content, but Im sure this will improve over time.

Dolby Vision is great but it can look very warm on some shows, Dare Devil had very golden tinge to it. maybe its how the show is.

Do you know if HDMI ARC supports Dolby Digital Plus, I only seem to get DD.

Back
Top Bottom