Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 27th April 2017]

Caporegime
Yeah for all their dominance I can't think of a good chance for them really. Bailly had another great game and solid from Blind too apart from that nice turn by Sterling in the first half.

Soldato
It was enough, why is he trying to make contact with his head? He's an idiot.
Aguero made just as much contact with his head too. They are both idiots, Fellaini getting a red for it is 100% because of the play acting. Cynical from Aguero, I despise him and genuinely hope that headbutt hurt more than it looks like it might.

Caporegime
Might as well have been Sunderland and Middlesborough. For all the complaints Mourinho makes about teams playing for the draw, he does it an awful lot. As for Fellaini, he's the epitome of 'anti-football'.

Caporegime
Aguero made just as much contact with his head too. They are both idiots, Fellaini getting a red for it is 100% because of the play acting. Cynical from Aguero, I despise him and genuinely hope that headbutt hurt more than it looks like it might.

Aguero stood there and tempted Fellaini to go for him, and he did. It's scummy play but Fellaini is the idiot for falling for it. Would have probably been fair to give Aguero a yellow too but you can't dispute the red.

Soldato
Aguero stood there and tempted Fellaini to go for him, and he did. It's scummy play but Fellaini is the idiot for falling for it. Would have probably been fair to give Aguero a yellow too but you can't dispute the red.

Spot on, Fellaini has got to be smarter, particularly immediately after getting a yellow card. Really he shouldn't have even sprinted after Aguero, he should have passed him on to another player.

Caporegime
lol even when Fellaini goes complete idiot Jose refuses to criticise him. What does Fellaini have on Jose?

"I didn't watch the Fellaini incident on TV but I spoke with Fellaini.

"He thinks it was a red card because he is Fellaini. I spoke to Martin [Atkinson, referee] - he thinks it was a red card.

"I can guess it's a bit of a red card and a bit of a very smart, very experienced Argentinian player."

Associate
Beyond deflated after that. Other than Bailly, it was shocking. I can't really understand how a club that likes to call itself the biggest in the world can spend the money we have and then put out some of those players and that performance. It was embarrassing, a poor mans Crystal Palace.
The lack of basic ability, team cohesion and negative approach should be considered an insult to what were told the club stands for.

As for Fellani, as much as I hate him (and I really do quite a lot), that's on Jose. You cant get angry at him for being him any more, Jose has to know he's a useless sack of and as a player he's lazy, stupid and devoid of any ability. Sure he's had games when he's been neat and tidy but that's it. That's his best.

Don
I'm not sure what was worse, the game itself or Aguero's finishing? Not the best result for Liverpool but not a terrible result either. Fellaini doing what Fellaini always does, the only difference today was that he actually got a red card for it.
It was embarrassing, a poor mans Crystal Palace.
A rich man's Palace but that's what you get with Mourinho - negative football, ****house players and hounding the ref at every possible opportunity.

Caporegime
The problem with guys like Mourinho and players like Fellaini is, they build for the this second. He thinks about his negative tactics, stifling the opposition and how best to achieve that. He's not thinking about how best to build up to a dominating top of the league side 3 years from now. A decent manager with a long term plan would have sold Fellaini, even if in the short term it might be harder to get results this year until the squad gets better at a newer style of play without the best players available to achieve it. Mourinho just looks at his squad, buys the biggest names available and puts in the most reliable players, not best, not most exciting, not promising to be good in the future.

He tends to play that low squad count, burns your team out but in the short term can get results ultra form style. IE Leicester without injuries, Newcastle, Chelsea a couple years ago, Chelsea again this year(Conte is rotating very little). It's easier to play better if you play with the same exact players week in week out. Personally I think it ignores any growth for the club and sacrifices the future 2-3 years later, when those players are burned out and everyone else hasn't played for 2 years(which is why it will be interesting to see what happens with Conte's Chelsea). But to do that you pick players who are always fit, who are ever present precisely so your team doesn't change. In the shorter term a worse player who you can play every week can help everyone else to better form. For me it's why Shaw and Martial were disregarded, as well as Micky. What is the common factor early in the season, injuries. He doesn't want to deal with a changing team and a player you think will be injured is one more change, so just don't play that guy to begin with.

I think this is where Utd are, they can have a results jump but likely with players bought in. Who has improved Utd this year more than anyone, Ibra, who improved Chelsea the year he won with them, Costa and Fabregas and both were far worse in the second half of that year. Pogba/Ibra have gone backwards as the year has progressed under Mourinho and I'm fairly sure I said that would happen.

He's not so much Pulis with more money, he's more like Redknapp, his plan to make the team better is not improve the actual players he has, it's to buy in new players every year and drop the ones under performing, rinse repeat until it doesn't work any more and you get fired.

I just see nothing in how Utd play that looks like a team building up to a style and quality of play that could compete for the title. All the players improving under LVG stalled nearly instantly under Mourinho.

Soldato
Id love to know how Aguero "tempts" Feillani into being a massive tool and headbutting him....he just gets him and gives him some grief...like you see at every single game, every week.

LOL Do you honestly believe that ? Surely not.

Soldato
This happens in most matches, and players do it with the aim of enticing the other player to react. Most players are not that stupid, Fellaini is a special kind of stupid. The kind with very little skill and worth on the pitch.

Just look at how easily he lost his head. Mourinho didn't say it in the after game interview, but it looked as if you saw him grab fellaini as he came off and say "what are you doing".

I just hope this is it for him. We can buy a much more disciplined and skillful 'enforcer'. We don't need this clown

Caporegime
Beyond deflated after that. Other than Bailly, it was shocking. I can't really understand how a club that likes to call itself the biggest in the world can spend the money we have and then put out some of those players and that performance. It was embarrassing, a poor mans Crystal Palace.
The lack of basic ability, team cohesion and negative approach should be considered an insult to what were told the club stands for.

As for Fellani, as much as I hate him (and I really do quite a lot), that's on Jose. You cant get angry at him for being him any more, Jose has to know he's a useless sack of and as a player he's lazy, stupid and devoid of any ability. Sure he's had games when he's been neat and tidy but that's it. That's his best.

Jose new he had the weaker team. Especially with a stitched together back four, no pogba, Mata or zlatan. City were pretty much full force bar silva. Yes the game was pretty rubbish but we looked solid at the back and bar City's possession they didn't really have any chances. I would actually argue we had the more clear cut chances with Herrera and Mkhitaryan. We need two results against Swansea and Arsenal with a draw at Spurs. Hopefully that should guarantee us top 4.

Soldato

To be fiair its undisputed as one of the biggest in the world, and then it just depends on which years figures / indeed which figures you want to look at to actually call it the biggest (there are many marketing as well as on/ off field reasons why any of Barca, Real , Man Utd and possibly even BM - but I think they are a little behind - could all argue they are the biggest).

a lot of people seem to forget this squad is still a miss match of 4 different managers visoins of how they want to play, and given Utd had at least 4 starters out last night - and the home side STILL didnt get a decent shot on target ......after all the millions they have spent over the last few years as well.

Its debatable whether City would have had anywhere near as many changes - let alone whether it would have made any difference. Ok there is an arguement for Silva starting (who really isnt the same player from 3 - 4 years ago) and Jesus - the latter may well have caused more problems if he had been fit but still think Utd were missing more of our "big game" players like Pogba and Ibra let alone in defence

Id love to know how Aguero "tempts" Feillani into being a massive tool and headbutting him....he just gets him and gives him some grief...like you see at every single game, every week.

Getting right up in someone's face when they are already angry of course is not going to incite anyone is it?

Of course Aguero deserved a yellow, and the FA /UEFA etc should stamp this kind of thing out - and they could really easily but they wont

Pogba/Ibra have gone backwards as the year has progressed under Mourinho and I'm fairly sure I said that would happen.
Of course nothing to do with the ferocity of nearly every EPL game of course and both still getting used to the league, not to mention both players being used to winter breaks

Wow well done for predicting something sooooo difficult

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fiair its undisputed as one of the biggest in the world, and then it just depends on which years figures / indeed which figures you want to look at to actually call it the biggest (there are many marketing as well as on/ off field reasons why any of Barca, Real , Man Utd and possibly even BM - but I think they are a little behind - could all argue they are the biggest).

a lot of people seem to forget this squad is still a miss match of 4 different managers visoins of how they want to play, and given Utd had at least 4 starters out last night - and the home side STILL didnt get a decent shot on target ......after all the millions they have spent over the last few years as well.

Its debatable whether City would have had anywhere near as many changes - let alone whether it would have made any difference. Ok there is an arguement for Silva starting (who really isnt the same player from 3 - 4 years ago) and Jesus - the latter may well have caused more problems if he had been fit but still think Utd were missing more of our "big game" players like Pogba and Ibra let alone in defence

Getting right up in someone's face when they are already angry of course is not going to incite anyone is it?

Of course Aguero deserved a yellow, and the FA /UEFA etc should stamp this kind of thing out - and they could really easily but they wont

Of course nothing to do with the ferocity of nearly every EPL game of course and both still getting used to the league, not to mention both players being used to winter breaks

Wow well done for predicting something sooooo difficult

I guess that depends if you're in a playground or not. Christ, Fellaini is a grown man, he clearly head butted Aguero and using the whole "Well he started" it nonsense argument is ridiculous.

Yea, sure Aguero should have been booked for being annoyed that a thug had taken him out twice in quick succession...

Back
Top Bottom