Secondary air injection system check
Stand - check operation
Exhaust clamp bolts - check/adjust

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Use [.spoiler][/spoiler]! :p
Most of that you can check yourself, a few on there I wouldn't touch personally. But on a day off you should easily tick most boxes on that list.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
You asked :p

Oil and filter, yep fine.

Air filter and spark plugs mean tank off. Don't know if I really want to get in to that on this bike. If I was keeping it forever, I'd take my time and figure it out so I know, but this bike will be sold at some point.

Brake fluid needs ECU tool to bleed properly (ABS)

I'll tick the silly stuff off just so I'm not charged that extra time for those bits.

Associate
The only difficult part is if the valves need re shimming, everything else is just time consuming.

The ABS pump can be activated for bleeding using TuneECU which you can download to your phone and then you just need a bluetooth OBD reader.
Throttle bodies can also be checked and balanced with it too.

Soldato
I have TuneECU and the cable, didn't think it could do ABS bleed and throttle body balance, will have a look.

With TuneECU able to do the ABS bleed and throttle body balance, that narrows my list and cost down massively now. Pretty much just need them to do valve clearances, headstock and wheel bearing stuff and maybe filter and sparks, need to double check how much of a pain taking the tank off is.

Thanks. The more I look at the list the more i see I can just do myself over a weekend or 2. Then I can buy more bike bits instead, or put a chunk towards a SuperDuke :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I thought it was me being awkward at first, riding a heavier bike etc but it was definitely pulling to one side, not massively but noticeable to make me think what's happened.

There's a 2014 tuono V4 APRC spec down the road for £7k, might try that one but I'm slightly put off by the handlebar length and the seat height, I think 835mm will be too high.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Just go and test it, you won't know until you try it...

BTW Saw the new blade today in matt black/red colour scheme, meh...

Man of Honour
I thought it was me being awkward at first, riding a heavier bike etc but it was definitely pulling to one side, not massively but noticeable to make me think what's happened.

There's a 2014 tuono V4 APRC spec down the road for £7k, might try that one but I'm slightly put off by the handlebar length and the seat height, I think 835mm will be too high.

They do have a sports bike seat position where you sit on the bike rather than the standard naked feel of sitting in the bike. It took a little getting used to but then I'm not a manlet so flat footing it wasn't an issue for me :p

Man of Honour
I wouldn't fancy having cheap Chinese electronics connected to a huge energy source between my legs!
its only electricity, people overly freak out about it. Currently got a 42v self built battery pack between my legs on my cycle atm, and as I'm working on it and still riding on it, all the cells are exposed.
on top of that so much stuff is Chinese these days and theres plenty of stuff you can only find Chinese suppliers off.

a32ees.jpg

Back
Top Bottom