***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Permabanned
Got my Acer X34A today; and I seem to have struck panel gold.

No dodgy pixels, 100Hz no problems, very tiny touch of BLB in top left (only visible above 80% brightness) and very minimal IPS glow.

She's a keeper!

The 100Hz and G-SYNC certainly provide a far better experience than my Dell U3415

Last edited:
Soldato
Got my Acer X34A today; and I seem to have struck panel gold.

No dodgy pixels, 100Hz no problems, very tiny touch of BLB in top left (on visible above 80% brightness) and very minimal IPS glow.

She's a keeper!

The 100Hz and G-SYNC certainly provide a far better experience than my Dell U3415

Congrats man, thats awesome news. Nice to see someone getting lucky in the panel lottery. Ive had the Dell U3415W myself and its performance was dreadful including ips glow and bleed.

Soldato
Actually I bought my PG348Q from rainforest around 2 weeks ago and seemed to have won the lottery as well.

No dead pixel, Normal IPS glow (corner glow disappear when you shift your head position), some coil whine when displaying pure white background at 100Hz, Overclocked no problem...

happy days :D

Associate
My PG348Q is the same i sort of expected the lighter areas in the corners but it disapears when i move my head so i think its ips glow not bleed. Not distracting or noticeable when gaming but in a dark room displaying a dark image or black via pixel check you see it. If i move further back or and move head etc it sort of shifts it does not bother me..not noticed any whine either

Soldato
Well my second X34A is still far from perfect but it's much better than the first. I've managed to reduce the two worst bits of BLB by gently running my finger along the panel to 'massage' it out. The idea is that it moves the plastic cover by a hair. Can't damage the screen by doing so, but it leaves smudge marks ha.

Caporegime
I've heard of people doing similar with some LG monitors by loosening the screws holding the panel into the frame slightly. They're tight so put pressure on the screen.

Associate
They are good but I don't think they are £1k good.

I think they need to be under £800 to seem like fair value.

Don't get me wrong though. The ultra wide experience with a decent refresh rate is very nice.

Just for me personally it's too high to justify.

I'm not convinced enough myself, as I would be looking at two screens the cost is too prohibitive. I'll stick with getting a second matching AOC U3477PQU 34" and will upgrade to 144mhz G-Sync when the prices are more palatable for my taste.

Man of Honour
I've got the LG in my sig and I looked at changing to the X34 since I've never experienced GSync, but I don't think it's worth what I'd have to shell out. I'll wait till there's more competition or even in a few years when OLED starts becoming mainstream.

Associate
I've got the LG in my sig and I looked at changing to the X34 since I've never experienced GSync, but I don't think it's worth what I'd have to shell out. I'll wait till there's more competition or even in a few years when OLED starts becoming mainstream.

The more I look into it the more I agree with what your saying. I'm happy with my AOC and look forward to having two side-by-side.

Soldato
I'm not convinced enough myself, as I would be looking at two screens the cost is too prohibitive. I'll stick with getting a second matching AOC U3477PQU 34" and will upgrade to 144mhz G-Sync when the prices are more palatable for my taste.

AOC have a 35 inch g sync 100hz monitor coming out about now and it's available at 720 quid. That's the best value superwide I see.

Man of Honour
The more I look into it the more I agree with what your saying. I'm happy with my AOC and look forward to having two side-by-side.

AOC have a 35 inch g sync 100hz monitor coming out about now and it's available at 720 quid. That's the best value superwide I see.

Thanks! That looks like a winner if the price is in the region of £700.
AOC AGON AG352UCG

Yeah that's the one. It's been on my radar a while now.

You naughty, naughty people.

Back
Top Bottom