How many Focus ST owners on here

Associate
What power is your mk2 putting out now ?

Am trying to imagine what it would be like trying to get traction with over 400bhp going through the front wheels..
Am guessing 1st & 2nd would be useless due to wheel spin and maybe even 3rd gear would also suffer wheel spin (and that in the dry)
At the moment it's CP340 but forging and doing a RS conversion so be running RS turbo soon.

I don't have much issue getting traction at 340 but 1st and 2nd are torque limited.
Suppose the usual mods help with traction thou
Koni supension
Uprated torque mount
Quaife lsd
Polybushed
Decent tyres

Soldato
I'm confused as to how much of the original engine is actually left with a 400 hp MOD or is it a big like triggers broom and the outside is the same but all the internals are different.

Soldato
I'm confused as to how much of the original engine is actually left with a 400 hp MOD or is it a big like triggers broom and the outside is the same but all the internals are different.
Looks pretty much like the only things that are not changed or modified is the crank and block..
Just about everything on the outside of the engine is also changed.

Upgrading from a stock 250bhp ST to this 410bhp version would cost around £10,000

Last edited:
Associate
It's forged pistons and rods that are changed the head is standard but has blockmod. But then it has RS sensors, crossover and induction
With bigger injectors and of course the turbo

Soldato
I think anyone that going throw that amount of cash at modding there ST to 400+bhp will get an LSD fitted..

And I also hope they throw some money at upgrading the brakes ..

And the clutch and maybe even the gearbox. Doesn't leave much unchanged .... Totally different car at that point.

While i can appreciate that level of devotion. And i stand back in awe of someone willing to throw that sort of money at a car. Don't think it would be for me though. Be a boring place if we all thought the same i suppose :)

Soldato
While i can appreciate that level of devotion. And i stand back in awe of someone willing to throw that sort of money at a car. Don't think it would be for me though. Be a boring place if we all thought the same i suppose :)
Be far better off just buying a mk3 RS
(Would also most likely be cheaper)

Associate
Does anyone know how to get the mountune air filter for the mk3 St? I purchased the induction kit online not realizing that the filter wasn't part of the kit and its not in stock. I believe that K&N actually make the filter but i would rather have the exact part number if someone had it.

Soldato
Picked up an st3 estate in spirit blue yesterday - decided on one of these after considering all sorts and driving a few. Really happy with it so far (has anyone that has just purchased a car ever said anything different?).

Drives vastly better than the Octavia and the boot is a particularly useful shape which is good.

Just need to remove the wind deflectors previous owner fitted then I'll be happy with it

Soldato
Hope this is allowed, but I have a TripleR front splitter from my old ST mk3.5 (facelift). If someone wants to pay postage (or collect) they can have it. It's got a little bit of light damage (e.g. scraped on a kerb a few times) but would be fine with some filing down and a bit of touch up paint.

Soldato
Well after 5.5 years of ownership it's finally time for mine to go the distance, it's been a reliable car but I'm done with it. I loved driving it in modded form but after stripping all the mods off it in Feb it's completely different, and not fun at all to drive in comparison.

Soldato
What are u getting to replace it? Imo when I got rid of my ST225 in January I would have needed at least a 10k budget to get a noticably better all round car with more power so I just went the Opposite way and put some money back in the bank and bought another Mondeo ST220.
The prices have really dropped this year on the ST225 often see low mileage 2006/7 models for under 5k now.

Back
Top Bottom