Introducing Minds.com

Soldato
I havn't even signed up yet and the UI has annoyed me.
The "terms and conditions" link from the signup box on the homepage is a link but doesnt have a pointer cursor on it.
Then the same text on the login page isnt even a link.

Soldato
OP
I havn't even signed up yet and the UI has annoyed me.
The "terms and conditions" link from the signup box on the homepage is a link but doesnt have a pointer cursor on it.
Then the same text on the login page isnt even a link.

Hmmn, can't say I noticed that. Its still technically in Beta, post those problems in the bugs group

Soldato
OP
As soon as I registered/logged in, I saw the option to buy points - as above.

Do you have a professional role or interest in the site?

Ahh yes on the sidebar, I thought you meant a popup or re-direct.

Nope, I don't have any role or official interest in the site, I just like it and want to see it grow.

Caporegime
This looks like a great big steaming heap of fail just waiting for the right time to stink.

And oh my goodness that's the worst social media interface I've seen in years. Looks like a cross between Wix and something out of the late 90s.

Caporegime
"free from censorship" wait till the SJWs and ********** start.

Or "terrorist sympathizers" ;) *

The whole points system seems to be designed to make people spam out as much crap as possible?

As for too big to compete, consider MySpace. Any company that wants to take out Facebook needs to target a market, and subsequently make it "cool" to join. Facebook targeted students who joined when they were young and are still using it. The new social network needs to target young people of a certain type and then expand from there as they grow up. That's essentially what instagram have done.

*Or murder videos, child abuse images, drug dealing and weapons sales to name a few. Heck, even 4chan is censored and I don't think anyone would call that a home of SJWs...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Or "terrorist sympathizers" ;) *

The whole points system seems to be designed to make people spam out as much crap as possible?

As for too big to compete, consider MySpace. Any company that wants to take out Facebook needs to target a market, and subsequently make it "cool" to join. Facebook targeted students who joined when they were young and are still using it. The new social network needs to target young people of a certain type and then expand from there as they grow up. That's essentially what instagram have done.

*Or murder videos, child abuse images, drug dealing and weapons sales to name a few. Heck, even 4chan is censored and I don't think anyone would call that a home of SJWs...

Well, limits exist, you can report things for being sensitive or abusive, and you can flag images as adult so you have to click to see them, the rules are very lax on purpose though.

Soldato
Well, limits exist, you can report things for being sensitive or abusive, and you can flag images as adult so you have to click to see them, the rules are very lax on purpose though.

So its not free from censorship then, one of the only things it touts to do?

Sounds completely pointless anyway even without that caveat.

Back
Top Bottom