*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
Unless it was written in the contract no way will AJ get back in the ring with Klitch, this fight could have very easily gone the other way tbh.

If WK wants another shot then AJ should give it to him. Refusing to get back in the ring with WK would do more damage to his reputation than losing to WK. Tonight WK provided himself a great. 41 and going toe to toe with an athlete like Joshua...

Caporegime
C-nNJq-XYAQpkry.jpg:large

Soldato
Wlad should retire now, he's got nothing to prove. He gave it his all tonight came in in superb shape gave everything he had and came up a tiny tiny amount short. In a rematch he'll be even older, has had that war tonight wearing him down and Joshua will come in probably with 100% more knowledge of what he needs to do to win than he did tonight. Can't see the result being different.

As for Wlad if he'd fought his whole career like tonight he'd have had about 100x more fans! Probably added more to his legacy tonight than the majority of his title reigns did.

Associate
He's simply too big. He'd still have the power at 17st but also be a lot leaner, probably carry more speed and use less energy as a result of carrying less muscle. I'm hoping his trainers and him will have realised that after tonight.

Agreed, he's proven he has the power to deal with anybody really. With a bit more speed/agility and some work on his ringcraft he could really dominate the division as Wlad did.

Can you imagine if he was able to adopt some of Wlad's stye into his own? That would be a very scary fighter.

Soldato
Klitschko should have finished him after knocking him down. Instead Joshua used every round after the knockdown to get his energy back (even though he lost all the rounds after the knockdown). Joshuas fitness level and youth was enough to get re-energised to then explode again in the 11th.

Soldato
To be fair, if Klitschko was the same age group he probably would have annihilated Joshua. Not taking anything away from Joshua, but he struggled against a 41 year old.

Don't agree with that. At the same age, Klitchschko had a suspect chin. Which is why he reinvented his way of boxing and style and went on to become a great.

Joshua would have landed more big hits in the earlier round against the younger Vlad.

I couldn't imagine Joshua losing to someone like Ross Puritty at the 24th hurdle. lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, they said in the fight the turning point for Klitschko was working with Steward who improved his footwork massively. Shame he isn't around to coach AJ because footwork and defense are two of AJ's biggest weaknesses :(

Associate
I don't watch much boxing but tuned in tonight.

What was ridiculously impressive was that WK looked sharper, faster, and generally more in control of the ring. He was bouncing around with so much energy.

AJ should be concerned, and looking to improve for the future. He won on a gamble and being fortunately younger with more power.. not 'better'.

Overall though, amazing effort from both men. Hats off.

Soldato
Yep, he obviously just doesn't have the endurance and, if he can't KO them in two or three, he's in serious trouble.

You were obviously wrong:p

wilder would have finished aj

Wilder wouldn't of got off his arse on the 5th to be fair.

Bellew's power seemed to carry up quite well and he'll go in to that fight without the fear other fighters have had fighting Wilder. The size difference will probably be key but Bellew will have a punchers chance and Wilder's chin is still an big unknown.

It really didn't he couldn't even finish off a 1 legged man:o Wilder doesn't have a chin there s nothing unknown about that!

Caporegime
It really didn't he couldn't even finish off a 1 legged man:o Wilder doesn't have a chin there s nothing unknown about that!
Did think about what I was typing while I was typing it lol

As for Wilder, he's never been down as far as I can remember and only Molina (I think), who has a decent punch on him, has rocked him and with a punch Wilder walked straight on to.

Man of Honour
Amazing boxing match, lived up to the hype.

I thought Wlad did brilliantly but when he went down I thought Joshua would finish him, but then he seemed to punch himself out and looked very unstable, I wasn't even sure what happened at that point!

Joshua did well to get up from the knockdown as it was a great punch, the first real test of his chin, I thought he would struggle to get back in the fight after that.

Then you could see he was conserving his energy and unleashed that hellish uppercut and finished him off from there. A great fight, it had everything. Joshua answered his critics, I thought at one point (or well, a few points) Wlad looked too big a step up for him, but he recovered well in the end.

Superb.

Soldato
Despite being a huge AJ fan, for me, tonight was all about Wlad. He really won me over today as being a genuinely great fighter, he looked SO sharp, much sharper than AJ which is astonishing given his age and lack of ring time.

AJ won with basically brute force and determination (massive respect to him for going into the trenches) and showed that he clearly does have what it takes. It's basically why he took the fight, as the younger man he was able to recover and demolish at the end, had it been even 3-4 years ago I reckon Wlad would have won, but then that's all if and buts.

Wlad was dominating for so much of the fight and it was sad to see him get KO'd in the end. A true gent in defeat and a genuinely nice guy, which can't be said for a lot of people!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom