The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
I think I spent more time just wandering around after I finished it than I did actually playing the main story

My partner just flat out did the story and was like "Cool game" then pretty much moved on... She's a real monster some times, I truly questioned my life choices when she did that.

Caporegime
Done 3 play through of Nier Automata and loved it. Awesome gameplay with a strong story line and some of the best music I have heard. Anyone thinking of getting this should do so. 10/10.

Soldato
Inside - 7/10

Not a game that I would normally buy, however I got it for a very good price and had heard good things about it. I can understand why it's rated so highly, but it didn't hook me personally. The graphical style and sound especially, were superb though.

Associate
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Very much enjoyed this game. More so than the last one, which was also great.

I had one big issue though, the final cut scene kept crashing. Tried a few times with different settings to no avail. On the steam forum it seems to be quite common. So unfortunately I had to watch the last scene on Youtube. This cost it a point...

7/10

Soldato
Finally got round to playing and completing Wolfenstein New Order. It's been a long time since I played a first person campaign however I found it really enjoyable, a little challenging at times on the hardest mode which was nice, overall good fun. 7/10.

Soldato
Yes! I just completed Outlast and boy am I proud of myself! I love horror games but this game was so intense it was almost unpleasant to play. I had parked playing it and didn't go back to it for 18 months as I was a bit overwhelmed by the terror it induced. During those 18 months I managed to get through Alien Isolation which give me the courage to go back to it. So, like with Alien Isolation, I feel a real sense of achievement for managing to get through the game. I ain't gonna be scared of no horror game now - bring them on! :D Whilst not quite as good a game overall as Alien Isolation, it was more intense for me. 9/10

Associate
Finished playing through Metro 2033 (original, not redux). Played 2 and a half times through in a row to mop up all the achievements starting with Ranger hardcore on my first playthrough. I have to say I didnt really feel much difference between playing on easy and ranger hardcore other than the lack of HUD. They did well to mix up environments considering how restrictive it must be to keep everything contained to a metro system.

I liked that there was the option of stealth or run and gun in a few sections and was surprised at how easy it was to accidently step on what at first seemed like obvious traps (glass on the floor, trip wires). The stealth mechanic is a bit weird though as you can get right up to people without them noticing you, however I do like that fact that once the guards are alerted that you're there, but dont find you, they dont just forget about you.

I found the shotguns to be pretty worthless, but guns like the AK, vault driver and Helsing (pnumatic weapon that fires spiked rods) were pretty fun and effective.

There was a wall to crawl through in the library part of the game that would be glitchy for me and apparently this is a known bug, something related to FPS... I'd have to not kill one of the enemies then start trying to get through the wall. The enemy would come up behind me... hit me.. and it'd push me through allowing me to progress.

For my second playthrough (seperate achievement to get ranger regular even after doing hardcore :( ) I used a guide to help mop up the collectables I hadn't found the first time and wow there are a lot and places and routes I didn't even know were a thing on my first playthrough! Also used this to get the alternate ending.

Started a third playthough to get some of the 'kill x people with y' weapon achievements, put it on the easy difficulty and didnt really see the difference from the hardcore modes other than health regenerated a little faster.

Overall I'd give it 7/10. Fairly easy game to finish in a few hours over a weekend on any difficulty. Alright for £5.

Associate
Unravel, had it for ages & finally got around to completing it (minus collectibles, can't be arsed with those :p).

9.5/10. Really good gfx/audio, great main character & different to the norm'.
Few ways to complete some puzzles so not just stuck with only one route.
Story too, wasn't really paying attention until a couple of things happened & the game scenery changed massively. Nice to see a sad story in a game of this kind for a change :D

Looking forward to Unravel Universe.

0/10 for data mining in the game, even when it's turned off. :mad:

Soldato
Unravel, had it for ages & finally got around to completing it (minus collectibles, can't be arsed with those :p).

9.5/10. Really good gfx/audio, great main character & different to the norm'.
Few ways to complete some puzzles so not just stuck with only one route.
Story too, wasn't really paying attention until a couple of things happened & the game scenery changed massively. Nice to see a sad story in a game of this kind for a change :D

Looking forward to Unravel Universe.

0/10 for data mining in the game, even when it's turned off. :mad:

There is something really charming about the game and it's quite relaxing to play. I was really enjoying it but after needing around 30 attempts to get past the part with the kite on the beach level, when I went back to play it the next day it didn't save that I'd completed the beach level and I just haven't the will to back and do that blasted kite part again!!

Soldato
The Book of Unwritten Tales - 8/10

I actually bought this with the intention of playing it with my 4 & 5 year old boys but they got bored after the first 10 minutes. I would never have bought it otherwise as I'd played only one point and click adventure before and that was Fran Bow and it was the horror element that attracted me to it. Still, I thought the game was charming and kept on playing it. I thought the characters and scripting were really good and quite funny. I really enjoyed it. It did take me 25 hours to get through it so I guess my puzzle solving skills for these types of games still need some refining. I've bought quite a few point and click adventure to try next, this time I'll be looking for something a bit darker. It's between the Blackwell Series, Primordia, The Cat Lady or Syberia. What one would you go for next?

Associate
There is something really charming about the game and it's quite relaxing to play. I was really enjoying it but after needing around 30 attempts to get past the part with the kite on the beach level, when I went back to play it the next day it didn't save that I'd completed the beach level and I just haven't the will to back and do that blasted kite part again!!

Mostly* quite relaxing hehe.
There is the odd one or two where I took a break too, but glad I returned to it.
Think kite part I fluked in three attempts.

The snow/lantern on a slope though..... *sulks*. ;)
Having said that, the snow levels/effects looked bloody good.

I would recommend trying it again. It goes from cutesy to dark/moody on some later level.

Soldato
Yes! I just completed Outlast and boy am I proud of myself! I love horror games but this game was so intense it was almost unpleasant to play. I had parked playing it and didn't go back to it for 18 months as I was a bit overwhelmed by the terror it induced. During those 18 months I managed to get through Alien Isolation which give me the courage to go back to it. So, like with Alien Isolation, I feel a real sense of achievement for managing to get through the game. I ain't gonna be scared of no horror game now - bring them on! :D Whilst not quite as good a game overall as Alien Isolation, it was more intense for me. 9/10

I envy people that get scared by horror films/games. I used to when i was a kid, but now I am an adult nothing scares me :(. Despite that I still love horror films and games. Outlast sounds like one I should add to my steam wishlist along with Soma.

Soldato
I envy people that get scared by horror films/games. I used to when i was a kid, but now I am an adult nothing scares me :(. Despite that I still love horror films and games. Outlast sounds like one I should add to my steam wishlist along with Soma.

That's what surprised me the most when I first tried a horror game a few years back - how scared I was because I'm huge fan of horror movies and for years sought out and collected some of the most messed up movies every made - went through most of the 70s/80s exploitation films and all I get my hands on from the Videos Nasties list. But, it's a completely difference experience for me with games - probably because of the immersion and that if feels like it happening to me. I don't know. I wouldn't have expected them to affect me the way they do given that I'm completed desensitised when it come to horror in movies. Maybe I'll eventually get that way with horror games... I don't get scared with games like Resident Evil (well RE7 had a few moments) - it tends to be the games were you can't defend yourself that induces the terror for me.

SOMA is awesome by the way. Have seen it as low as £8 in sales in GOG recently.

Associate
Dug out Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries - nothing like battling it out in a huge arena and the thrill of getting upgrades with the cash earned from defeating other mechs. Hopefully, the new Mechwarrior (remake?) will capture the essence of the original games. 9/10 IGN

Associate
GTA 3 doesn't hold up today. My previous experience of the series is 1, 2, London 1969 and San Andreas so I was well aware of expectation management, but on a pure gameplay basis it was a bit of a slog to get through with a very piecemeal plot. At this point I'm unsure whether I'm going to give Vice City a go or just skip it and go straight to 4.

Back
Top Bottom