What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Been playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen whenever time has permitted for the past month. A bit rough round the edges in some areas, but it's got so much going for it. A really deep RPG class/level/skill system with loads of variety, and it actually encourages you to swap between classes. It can feel like a different game depending on what you're playing. The pawn system is really innovative and works really well. It makes it feel like a party-based RPG without taking away from the single avatar third-person mechanics. The AI is surprisingly good as well (the odd goof notwithstanding). I like the way they've done magic too - it's something of a pain to use as spells take a long time to incant, but they feel properly powerful and with great effects.

If this had had a bigger budget and had they been able to expand the map, improve the variety of scenery and enemies, and properly populate the settlements it could have been up there with the greatest RPGs of all time I reckon. Despite its flaws it still ranks up with the best in the genre for me personally just based on how it's sucked me in and how much damn fun it can be at times. You can climb on a griffin as it flies away, clambour over huge dragons to stab their hearts, scale a cyclops' back!

Soldato
tried bf1 for first time in a while last night shotgun forest first was great fun like never left.then had a game of operations....oh my came close to uninstalling.my teammmmm.:p

I did notice the other night while looking on bf tracker that you'd made you way up tto ~750 in the world for shotguns. I will persist! :p

Operations is horrid if you're on a clueless team, hard work and rewarding if there are balanced teams and boring if the other team has no clue.

Caporegime
5 people on my team in spawn with mortars on first part and tank driver sitting on spawn line.they just wait for blimp so they can definetly get 2nd time :(:D

does get infuriating.

Soldato
I have been taking a break from completing SOMA - I am currently playing FIFA 17 "The Journey" (I resisted for ages to buying it - I paid £3.99 for a months worth of Origin Access :p)

Associate
After having lots of crashes in Mass Effect Andromeda. I stumbled across mods for the first 3! I have never played the trilogy mainly because of no controller support ( dont hate haha) .

To my utter delight someone has salvaged the 360 support and brought it back to the PC!!!! Now running the HD texture pack and controller support in 4k and the games looks fantastic.

Got about 4 hours in so far and I cant believe its 10 years old. Any tips without spoilers??

jkb

jkb

Associate
Homefront The Revolution. Very atmospheric, the city seems realistic and alive. Hate the fact I can't save the game anywhere I want to but that's the only bad thing I can say about it so far.

Soldato
I picked up Hearts of Iron 3 on a bit of a whim and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm currently trying to avoid making Hitler's mistake of declaring war on the Soviet Union after defeating France, but I get the temptation. I mean, the Western front is at a stalemate as the British can't re-take France on their own and I can't reach them on their island, so invading Russia wouldn't really be a war on two fronts...

Associate
STILL playing Witcher 3. Am on the Heart of Stone expansion, which is notably more difficult than the main game on Death March. Some of the bosses are right gits. Enjoying it still, but also in the back of my mind that nagging feeling that I should really try playing something else for a while.

Last edited:
Underboss
Just found World of Tanks, heard about it but never played.

Loving it, although spent 5h on the NA servers not realising that there was an EU client for EU servers.

Soldato
A mixed bag at Lokis gaming emporium. A few rounds daily of World of Warships. Got the DoWIII and Dark Souls III simmering in the background. Keep meaning to go back to Alien Isolation but I am too much of a fanny to put more than ten minutes into it

Soldato
I am not playing anything :(

Well, Forza Horizon 3 from time to time. I have Hitman to play, but I want to get into that after Prey, which comes out friday.

Other than that, I have gotten through my backlog and played everything I want to play. And nothing else seems to be coming out anytime soon - Mass Effect Andromeda is a year away (waiting for all patches and DLCs), Kingdom Come will come out who knows when (probably september or later), Vampyr the same...

I might buy that damn PS4 or something.

Back
Top Bottom