PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Ahh, didnt realise it was only stats being wiped. Ok, at least that makes a tiny bit more sense then

Can you imagine the rage if they suddenly wiped everyone's gear...i'd love to see it just for the giggles. I sell all my stuff on marketplace...why wear a trenchcoat, you stand out like a sore thumb at anything more than 100 metres away.

Man of Honour
Can you imagine the rage if they suddenly wiped everyone's gear...i'd love to see it just for the giggles. I sell all my stuff on marketplace...why wear a trenchcoat, you stand out like a sore thumb at anything more than 100 metres away.

Same as people who have bright orange afros and stuff. I don't see why, it just makes you easily visible.

Soldato
Thanks for the games last night - nice to play with people that actually speak.

Just on the game itself, I'm still getting very poor performance at those real key moments it seems. Apart from everything on Very Low (apart from view distance) - is there any other performance tricks people can recommend?

My spec is in my signature :)

Thanks in advance

Associate
Just started playing this at the weekend, had some good team games on Sunday night. Annoyingly the game crashed out on me during one of our most promising rounds. Its happened twice now both times stating its a out of memory error, my PC is a 3770k @4.4Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 and two GTX 760's in SLI at 2560x1080 resolution, is this a common issue? The only other game I ever had problems with was GTAV with the textures set to high it kept running out of VRAM, I've everything set to low at the minute in Battlegrounds.

Soldato
Just started playing this at the weekend, had some good team games on Sunday night. Annoyingly the game crashed out on me during one of our most promising rounds. Its happened twice now both times stating its a out of memory error, my PC is a 3770k @4.4Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 and two GTX 760's in SLI at 2560x1080 resolution, is this a common issue? The only other game I ever had problems with was GTAV with the textures set to high it kept running out of VRAM, I've everything set to low at the minute in Battlegrounds.

Was that when you were with me and Chris?

Strangely my game crashed out the same exact moment and also my discord started acting up. Chris has no issues at all and said we just kept on running :D

Associate

According to the tool tip text, you get unlimited Tommy gun ammo whilst wearing a trench coat.

Soldato
Thanks for the games last night - nice to play with people that actually speak.

Just on the game itself, I'm still getting very poor performance at those real key moments it seems. Apart from everything on Very Low (apart from view distance) - is there any other performance tricks people can recommend?

My spec is in my signature :)

Thanks in advance

Someone mentioned a few pages back that having everything on low wasn't the best policy as it tended to dump all the 'work' onto the cpu. Maybe try bumping a few things up a notch so your gpu is taking on more of the processing?

Soldato
Someone mentioned a few pages back that having everything on low wasn't the best policy as it tended to dump all the 'work' onto the cpu. Maybe try bumping a few things up a notch so your gpu is taking on more of the processing?

Hmm ok thanks - though my CPU @ 6700K should deal with it, be more worried about the GPU :D

Soldato
This happened to me twice over the weekend too, but didnt have it before or since. I think it may have something to do with the servers, as EU was a ******** all weekend

Soldato
Yeah one of the guys I normally play with keeps crashing. It'll be fine for a few hours then constant crashes even after restarting/verifying files.

Seems to vary between hard locks or sudden closes to desktop.

Soldato
Yeah one of the guys I normally play with keeps crashing. It'll be fine for a few hours then constant crashes even after restarting/verifying files.

Seems to vary between hard locks or sudden closes to desktop.
I get it too - can be perfectly fine for a few hours then 2 or 3 crashes/hard lock ups one after the other. personally in my instance that could be down to my aging cpu and 8gb ddr3 having a fit as much as the game crapping out. (wish ryzen would hurry up and reach stability!)

Soldato
I get it too - can be perfectly fine for a few hours then 2 or 3 crashes/hard lock ups one after the other. personally in my instance that could be down to my aging cpu and 8gb ddr3 having a fit as much as the game crapping out. (wish ryzen would hurry up and reach stability!)

The guy I play with is using Ryzen. Is there a known issue with Ryzen?

Soldato
Yah the Vector is immense at close range!

With regard to stability, I think the game is very demanding of hardware. For example, my system draws more power in game than under a new benchmark like Superposition. I would assume that more power=greater demand on the hardware that may better reveal any instability.

I have had crashes. With a lower quality RX480 they were constant. With perhaps the best RX480 that I'm currently running I get crashes when the card is overclocked. So far at stock settings it appears to be OK.

Back
Top Bottom