Gaming Rig 2017 update

Associate
Hi All, been a while since my last post about my gaming rig I have now got an update in the works with pics below

I am moving up from a i5 4690k to a delided i7 4790k

case - Thermaltake core v51 power cover edition
mobo - MSI Z97A Gaming 7
cpu - intel I7 4790k
ram - 32gb corsair vengeance
gpu - 2x MSI GTX970 gaming 100 ME
ssd - 500gb Samsung 850 evo pro
hdd - 3tb wd green
PSU- Corsair RM850

I have also managed to cram in 2x 360mm ek slim radiators and 1x 240mm ek slim radiator and 15x 4 pin pwm fans, 360 rads are both in push/pull and 240 rad in push and a rear case fan as well (all been sleeved and rings painted and carbon effect sticker to replace all the corsair logos which sometimes are wonky). not sure if I will be able to control them all via PWM with how I have them set up (still got power cables to make for the splitters) only 2 of the 5 fan connectors on the mobo are PWM control and I have 15 fans and a pwm ek d5 pump to control if anyone can offer advice on this that would be great

at the moment I have been busy making and sleeving all the cables from the psu which has been very time consuming but i am happy with the results thus far especially as it is my first time doing this sort of work (psu tester highly recommended)

14wqag3.jpg

made a panel to mount the reservoir which is bolted to the case and has now been painted black

svozdj.jpg

1238wld.jpg

small mod to front i/o to allow me to fit the fans

2v2h24z.jpg

2qbc8lv.jpg

2hq8g1i.jpg

how it stands and preview of cable management still got fan extension cables to make and sleeve yet

Last edited:
Associate
lovely build. have you got any before and after delid results of the 4790k?
My 4770k was delided when I got it but im playing on the idea of giving my 4790k the same treatment to see if I can lower my load temps.

Associate
OP
thanks for the feedback guys

lovely build. have you got any before and after delid results of the 4790k?
My 4770k was delided when I got it but im playing on the idea of giving my 4790k the same treatment to see if I can lower my load temps.

unfortunately it was already delided when i purchased the processor so i will only have after temps, what clock and voltage are you using at the moment and tempratures? i have seen quoted that on devils canyon you are likely to to see a drop of 7 to 15 degrees when delided

Associate
unfortunately it was already delided when i purchased the processor so i will only have after temps, what clock and voltage are you using at the moment and tempratures? i have seen quoted that on devils canyon you are likely to to see a drop of 7 to 15 degrees when delided
Im running at 4.6Ghz on the core 4.5 on the cache with 1.25 Vcore temps
in prime95 small fttp 2 of the cores were hitting 75c the other 2 were around 65c
so theirs 10 c of a difference between cores at load.
Idle all 4 cores average around 27c 28c

Associate
OP
quick update, got the loop filled and rearranged the gpu cables, i've also got a aquaero 6 LT on its way to me as i am unable to control all the fans so will split these down into groups per radiator

2iar4zm.jpg

Im running at 4.6Ghz on the core 4.5 on the cache with 1.25 Vcore temps
in prime95 small fttp 2 of the cores were hitting 75c the other 2 were around 65c
so theirs 10 c of a difference between cores at load.
Idle all 4 cores average around 27c 28c

i did some quick tests last night at stock highest core temp on a quick 30 min AIDA64 run was 41 degrees average was mid to high 30's lol, then dialled a quick overclock 4.8 ghz @ 1.30 vcore and 1.9v input and highest core temp i saw was 61 degrees average was 55 degrees i will be doing more testing once the aquaero arrives and i got it set up with fan curves and will be dropping voltages to find out where i need to be , if i compared that to my 4690k which wasn't delided i was stable @ 4.6 ghz @ 1.225 vcore and temps were in the 60's

Associate
OP
Well got it all finished off now, managed a 4.8ghz overclock with 1.308 v

ended up getting an aquaero 6LT to control all the fans and pump and it all works perfectly installed a temp sensor in the loop and will see about controlling everything off coolant temperature instead of cpu temp

5lp8xl.jpg

nbol0x.jpg

34g6ps0.jpg

2hyuz6e.jpg

Associate
I'm a real stickler when it comes to hardline builds and yours is great, nice clean looking bends and everything's looking plumb and level, nice looking build.

Back
Top Bottom