**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Since i got my replacement s8+ after i dropped the first one I've just noticed the bixby button does nothing?

Edit.

Turns out it now only works if you give it a qick tap.

Associate
Anyone still waiting on their S8+ from Amazon?, I cancelled my pre order with Samsung to go with Amazon and regret it, they dont even have it in stock....and its in stock everywhere, gutted :(

Hi there, yeah I am still waiting - according to various sources and daily chats with the amazon team. The delivery date is anytime from a week to middle of June - yes JUNE !

Soldato
Keep getting configuration messages from Vodafone... I press install but still get them.. I've had 837 so far since getting the phone apparently.

Same here, got loads last night!

Nice in a way to see it wasn't just me lol. Similar issue drove me mad on the first day I got the phone.

I kept getting TWO of the "it looks like you've swapped your handset... We're about to send you some settings....." messages after every phone call I received. Got annoying very quick. Especially as I didn't need the settings as my 4G etc was working fine.

I spoke with them on 191 and they blocked those specific messages from reaching my phone.

Give them a call :)

Soldato
Nice in a way to see it wasn't just me lol. Similar issue drove me mad on the first day I got the phone.

I kept getting TWO of the "it looks like you've swapped your handset... We're about to send you some settings....." messages after every phone call I received. Got annoying very quick. Especially as I didn't need the settings as my 4G etc was working fine.

I spoke with them on 191 and they blocked those specific messages from reaching my phone.

Give them a call :)

Ah thanks I'll call them!

Soldato
The dragon skin has arrived and it is beautiful.
Please post up some fitted pics when you get a moment :)

The S6 / S6 Edge's had a bit of a 'lip' between the metal edge and the glass back, so a dbrand skin could sort of go in that gap and wouldn't stick up at the edges. The S8 is much more flush to begin with so I wasn't sure how well a skin would fit and it if would spoil that smooth feel at the edge

So keen to see how yours fits :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone playing the cat collecting Easter egg game in Nougat? Glad to see Samsung didn't remove it :D

rps20170504_165209_760.jpg

https://www.cnet.com/uk/pictures/android-7-0-nougat-catch-cat-easter-egg-game-pictures/

Associate
Ive been out of the android game for a few years and loving my s8+. last android phone was a note 3.

With it being a few years I'm a bit out of touch. What are the must have apps and tweaks you guys install on a fresh install phone?

Im loving macrodroid at the minute and I've just installed ACR call recorder which is pretty neat.

Anything else I should be installing?

Ta

Back
Top Bottom