• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Win his own computer ? Will he get given his own computer or something ?

Or do you mean if he beats his own computer ?

Back during the lead-up to Ryzen launch when the hyper train was at full speed he was one of the main doomsayers. He promised to give his computer to the first person to hit 3866Mhz DRAM before xmas.

Associate
It seems I spoke too soon about manually setting RAM resolving cold boot issues.

I just had to go through two rounds of OC setup and CMOS clearing before it made it through POST once warm. The RAM issues really do need to be sorted in the next BIOS updates.

Soldato
Hi,

3500 CAS14-14-14-39 1T (1107)
3.8@ 1.345v
DIMM @ 1.356
SOC @ 1.156
PLL @ 1.89

9EXMJXD.png

Thanks for sharing this. Trying similar settings with a faster ram kit resulted in code 8 crashing as soon as I hit windows. Posting was not an issue however. What I did find is that you are using a higher PLL voltage, so I upped mine and straight into windows she went!

Soldato
Thanks for sharing this. Trying similar settings with a faster ram kit resulted in code 8 crashing as soon as I hit windows. Posting was not an issue however. What I did find is that you are using a higher PLL voltage, so I upped mine and straight into windows she went!

ProcODT can also be night and day between a pass and fail at training. This kit likes around 60 ohms

Soldato
ProcODT can also be night and day between a pass and fail at training. This kit likes around 60 ohms

I found auto or 80 ohms for this 4233 any lower results in a f9. But neither would allow a windows boot. Only raising PLL did that.
Are you having cold boot problems while using bclk? I've had none so far at 3200, currently testing memory at 3500......

Soldato
I found auto or 80 ohms for this 4233 any lower results in a f9. But neither would allow a windows boot. Only raising PLL did that.
Are you having cold boot problems while using bclk? I've had none so far at 3200, currently testing memory at 3500......

Not with the right settings, every kit is different. Use HCI with one instance per thread once you've got it relatively stable

Associate
It seems I spoke too soon about manually setting RAM resolving cold boot issues.

I just had to go through two rounds of OC setup and CMOS clearing before it made it through POST once warm. The RAM issues really do need to be sorted in the next BIOS updates.

Ditto. I don't think the BIOS is saving the values correctly. I've noticed after a cold boot when I go in to the BIOS it claims my 1700 is at 3800mhz, 1.36v & the RAM at 3000mhz, 16, 18, 18, 36 but when I check in Windows it isn't. The CPU is at stock & ditto with RAM timings; even though you set it to 16, 18 etc after cold boot it seems to sometimes revert the timings to the default of 15, 16 etc which causes it to fail with a frequency overclock because it remembers that part.

Both Asus & MSI aren't releasing BIOS updates atm, they are releasing alpha builds imho that clearly haven't been through anything other than the lightest look over. It's actually rather beyond a joke.

Associate
Ditto. I don't think the BIOS is saving the values correctly. I've noticed after a cold boot when I go in to the BIOS it claims my 1700 is at 3800mhz, 1.36v & the RAM at 3000mhz, 16, 18, 18, 36 but when I check in Windows it isn't. The CPU is at stock & ditto with RAM timings; even though you set it to 16, 18 etc after cold boot it seems to sometimes revert the timings to the default of 15, 16 etc which causes it to fail with a frequency overclock because it remembers that part.

Both Asus & MSI aren't releasing BIOS updates atm, they are releasing alpha builds imho that clearly haven't been through anything other than the lightest look over. It's actually rather beyond a joke.

I think that could be the case, either that or the hardware is degrading.

Last week I was booting fine on 3.8 CPU and 2933 RAM. It became 1 CMOS clear required and reset, then 2, and now it's taking at least 3 clears to cold boot with the same settings that previously worked without issue. (MSI B350 Tomahawk).

Also, today I've noticed my U12s CPU fan speed around 200rpm (it's normally 900+). Run a blend and it only jumps to 600 rpm - seems the mobo is interpreting temperatures differently, or controlling the fan incorrectly all of a sudden. Very strange :/

UPDATE - it seems that this fan behavior is actually the only time that the rpm has been correct - looking at the temp/rpm curve it has been spinning too fast all along.....a reboot later and it's back to spinning at 1k+ all the time :confused::p

Last edited:
Soldato
700% of HCI at 3500 CL16 so enough to call stable imo. Reboot pc, fails ram training. Wtf is up with this platform and memory?

I feel your pain.

I'm just hoping mine continues along this time. I just don't want to fiddle any more for a bit.

No doubt it'll throw a tantrum just as I sit to get settled into something :)

Back
Top Bottom