Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Where are they?

Associate
Yep, this has happened to me once (x370 K7).
It happened just after I plugged my DVI cable from my GPU into my AV Receiver so got the feeling it corrupted the BIOS image due to an electrical 'spike'

Re-flashing the same F3 bios fixed it and hasn't come back since. I can enable XMP and get 3200Mhz on my G.Skill Flarex no probs
By the way, when it was in that dodgy state overclocking using Ryzen Master didn't work, but fine again now.

Associate
Hi GIGA-Man, I reached out to the email address to request the pickup. I'm still interested in using the board, I just think other than physically it's a bit of a rush job and I need to board to keep this machine running. Will PM you some further feedback.

Edit -- looks like PM's are turned off.

Edit 2 -- GIGA-Man, thanks for the offer of support here. I've actually decided to return the board regardless as I'm happy with the BIOS quality of the MSI. I hope the Gigabyte stuff improves, nice board other than the software.

Hello again FirebarUK,

We looked into the comments you made about our X370-Gaming K7 motherboard BIOS and compatibility, especially in regards to the 2 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3000C14D-16GTZR) memory. We used the Latest F3 BIOS which you reported was only working in single channel. We have not found any issues with this memory and have created the below video of it working perfectly well with XMP enabled both in BIOOS and Windows.
If you have any other detailed comments or feedback on our boards, please let us know the technical setup and we will look into it, we have been unable to replicate the issues you reported with our latest BIOS.

https://youtu.be/7UMQzuplk34

Sorry for the slow Windows 10 loading time.. it was an old test drive we were using...

Thanks

Associate
Yep, this has happened to me once (x370 K7).
It happened just after I plugged my DVI cable from my GPU into my AV Receiver so got the feeling it corrupted the BIOS image due to an electrical 'spike'

Re-flashing the same F3 bios fixed it and hasn't come back since. I can enable XMP and get 3200Mhz on my G.Skill Flarex no probs
By the way, when it was in that dodgy state overclocking using Ryzen Master didn't work, but fine again now.

Let me know if the ROM issue returns now you have flashed to F3.. we have not been able to replicate this problem yet in our labs.. Not sure what is causing the problem currently being reported until we can replicate it... Will keep trying... If any one else has any detail PM them to us..

Associate
I have finished my build all is well touch wood... going to be putting some more RAM in.

Is anyone having problems with 4 sticks of RAM just to be sure

Soldato
Are the latest chipset drives on the Gigabyte or amd site?

AMD, believe Gigabyte has the previous one up

Any ETA of the F4 bios for the K7? Just interested.

GIGABYTE - Matt said:
Hi guys,

Wish I could drop in and give you guys a new BIOS but I don't have them yet
sad.png
Latest word is they are working on a new set with AGESA 1006... I am pushing as hard as I can to get you guys something new to test as soon as its ready. Just wanted to say that we are working on it (I know that phrase gets old - trust me I am a user/gamer/enthusiast too) but me going to Dreamhack (for work not as a participant) doesn't stop the BIOS team or engineers from working on the code ;)

Just to recap these are the issue being worked on:

*For those looking for IOMMU fixes we are hopefully going to have an option to force boot off a specific PCIe slot. Its not the grouping fix, but a work around for now.
*Disable LAN (Per request)
Disable Audio (Per request)
"ROM Image update" (Being worked on with AMI, no ETA)
Cold boot / Wont boot. Have to re-flash BIOS. (people have referred to this as "soft brick")
*AGESA 1006 - improve memory (Got high hopes for this one. Going to enable 20+ memory register)

* Should be included in next round of BETA BIOS - but no promises, just the latest I heard from our BIOS guys

***from US rep on Gigabyte forum

Associate
Let me know if the ROM issue returns now you have flashed to F3.. we have not been able to replicate this problem yet in our labs.. Not sure what is causing the problem currently being reported until we can replicate it... Will keep trying... If any one else has any detail PM them to us..

As a little update:

Flashing BIOS 1 to F3, then BIOS 2, then BIOS 1 again, solves the ROM update issue as well as it forcing boot to BIOS every time.

One other minor bug though, I had an admin password on BIOS 1 (on the BIOS itself, not a startup password), and after doing the BIOS 1/2/1 flashing, and loading my saved profile into BIOS 1 (including the admin password), it would ask me for the password on boot-up but then NOT take me to the BIOS.

So if you have an admin password it still seems to half-want to boot into BIOS since it asks you for the password, but then proceeds to Windows when you give it.

I've removed the password for now, and it boots directly to Windows.

Associate
Had a strange issue with this board. When I was in Windows I noticed the BBIOS and MBIOS LED's were alternating. Everything was running fine and no issues anywhere. So I powered the system off via Windows and when it booted up it booted using the backup BIOS, this time the BBIOS LED was solid while the MBIOS LED was off so that was ok.

As the backup BIOS was still on F2 instead of F3 I flashed that to F3 ok and booted into Windows. Again no issues, but just doing a simple restart via Windows caused the BBIOS and MBIOS LED's to alternate again :confused:

Again shut down via Windows powered up and this time it booted from my main BIOS and all my settings were where I left them and even the RGB LED colour settings were still saved.

No idea why this board will randomly decide to boot from either BIOS when there appears to be nothing wrong with either of them.

No issues otherwise and everything is running fine and is rock solid.

Can't seem to find what it means when the BBIOS and MBIOS LED's constantly alternate when everything is running just fine.

1800X is running stock and my RAM is also running stock at 2933Mhz via the XMP option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Just looking on the Gigabyte website there are loads of utilities for this motherboard, there is the RGB Fusion app is this a Windows utility that lets you change the colours as you can in the BIOS

Back
Top Bottom