233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
OP
i'm still not convinced its a fuel pump issue, I don't reasonably see how a fuel pump failure would result in oil contamination

Soldato
i'm still not convinced its a fuel pump issue, I don't reasonably see how a fuel pump failure would result in oil contamination

I really can't see it being a fuel pump causing that either. Injectors are more likely, but if they were chucking enough fuel out to get into the oil, then you would have a blocked dpf pretty quickly!

Soldato
OP
but but but the mastertech with 23 years experience says so :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyone want to start a sweep on when it breaks down again?

Soldato
OP
i will say round about the parkhead asda...... if your going that way.

first shift back now started :)

made it into the west end at least so far, couple of locals then down to Prestwick then Edinburgh to finish the night. fingers crossed

Soldato
OP
good news just in from work and I didn't come home on the back of a breakdown wagon,

so far so good but i'll be popping by my trusted mechanic later to get it checked over properly

Soldato
How are things going with it now. Mines just had its first service at 17,234 miles.
Going to need to new front tyres soon as well they're down to 3mm. Not a clue what to go for.

Soldato
OP
and a quick update,

my own mechanic says ford are blithering idiots as he drained 8 litres of oil out the car. (supposed to be 5.75) hub nuts were loose and they over tightened a few wheel bolts stripping the caps.

all in all poor show main dealer.

fast forward a couple of weeks and the tyres are wearing unevenly (the main dealer aligned the car when they changed the driveshafts. so booked in for alignment check this weekend.

i'll post a more comprehensive update when I get a chance but woeful show from the trained Mastertechs :(

Soldato
OP
How are things going with it now. Mines just had its first service at 17,234 miles.
Going to need to new front tyres soon as well they're down to 3mm. Not a clue what to go for.

what size wheels are you running? not a great deal of choice for sensible money in the 18's although I swear by Uniroyal rainsports.

Soldato
That is incredible. Sorry to hear that. I find it unbelievable that they made so many basic errors! Very worrying indeed.

all these mechanics do is read from a service manual.. and fail at that too.

I'd rather my car gets serviced by actual mechanics that know what they're doing lol.

Back
Top Bottom