maj

maj

Soldato
Heard good things about PIA but not used it myself. Think they do a 7 day money back guarantee too if you're not happy with the service.

Associate
I got PureVPN through the app on my phone. It says it works on mobiles only but I'm using it on my PC and phone. Testing for a month so I go the monthly one for £2.95 with Google Play Credit and cancelled the subscription straight away so it doesn't charge me after a month.

Soldato
I got Nord, not part of the 5 eye and it is not based in US or any jurisdiction that has requirements for ISP/service providers to share access information under the laws.

Nord doesn't keep a log of any activities at all...

Speed is fast although I am on 40mbits only. the VPN doesn't affect my speed. good list of servers. EU and North American servers are fast. but other countries are slow as there is obviously lack of fast link between continents.

$72 for 2 years

Only issue is I have to connect to German or other EU server as I use P2P. UK servers don't support P2P as they have to comply with UK law. However this would be applicable to ALL VPN service provider. if you do find one that isn't it means they are breaking the law and therefore I wouldn't trust the service too much as they can be raided and your information would be confiscated and taken and potentially prosecuted for.

maj

maj

Soldato
I've took out a subscription with PIA and use it on my PC and Android phone with no problems or slow downs whatsoever.

Soldato
Another Nord user here. Picked up a 2 year sub in their black Friday sale.

Mostly been OK so far, i've noticed some servers are very slow, and their high speed servers are regularly under full load, so you can't always join.

Whilst not necessarily a bad thing, it's quite annoying with how frequently their client has updates.

Soldato
I have not had any major problems with Nord. My VPN is implemented on the router so it is always connected. although I do have occasional disconnect from their servers which requires me to restart my router.

Soldato
I've been with PIA for 12 months now and I have to say it's been fine - but it's coming up for renewal soon and have read some good things about Nord VPN and wondered if anyone had any experience of them in comparison to PIA??

PIA are $39.95 for 12 months (there is also a deal for 2 years at $59.95 floating around but I'm not sure if this is only available to new customers??) whereas Nord VPN is $79.00 for 2 years (or $69 for 1 year!)

Any opinions on either of these or any other suggestions??

Associate
I've ended up on NordVPN after testing both NordVPN and PIA for a month, doing a number of random speed checks.. NordVPN came out better for me.. Having said that, I have heard good things about PIA aswell.

Soldato
I have to say I've not been disappointed with PIA - there are the occasional glitches where the Android app wont accept my username and password - but usually it's fine 5 minutes later!

I'm just interested in seeing whats out there to be honest!

Soldato
AirVPN ftw. You can set loads of custom port forwards, it has full DNS and rDNS functionality if you want it, and you can even run servers anonymously behind it. They have a nice app and everything is totally open source (unlike the competition). I regularly pull 150 to 200Mbps from it with no issues.

Soldato
I'm currently using PIA, it has a number of issues for me though. Skype won't connect and I can't retrieve email via Office 365 when connected which prevents me using it while working from home. Speed isn't great either and I end up having to connect to various countries to find one that's acceptable.

Oh, and no split VPN! (which would solve the issues I'm having too!)

Back
Top Bottom