BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
Might sound daft, but how do you have them? I have scoliosis so my back has random issues anyway, but it just seems that since I've bought the BMW that I've had more discomfort. It could be complete coincidence and now it may be me thinking it's the BMW so it's being mentally triggered etc. :D

Soldato
Might sound daft, but how do you have them? I have scoliosis so my back has random issues anyway, but it just seems that since I've bought the BMW that I've had more discomfort. It could be complete coincidence and now it may be me thinking it's the BMW so it's being mentally triggered etc. :D
Mine are pretty much as low as they'll go and fairly upright.

Man of Honour
Is that the front of the seat low as well? I may try that for a few days.

Did over 600 miles on the tank this week with another 50 odd showing, that gives me 4 days to work and back. Worked out as just under 44 mpg average (actual usage, this matched what the car said) which I'm pleased with as there was some town driving in that plus flexing the right foot on occasion. Think the Focus was down to 47 mpg and with a poxy 50 litre tank I was filling it every 2-3 days. It also had no usable power.

Soldato
Is that the front of the seat low as well? I may try that for a few days.

Did over 600 miles on the tank this week with another 50 odd showing, that gives me 4 days to work and back. Worked out as just under 44 mpg average (actual usage, this matched what the car said) which I'm pleased with as there was some town driving in that plus flexing the right foot on occasion. Think the Focus was down to 47 mpg and with a poxy 50 litre tank I was filling it every 2-3 days. It also had no usable power.
Yep, the whole thing as low as it goes in a desperate attempt to make it feel like my Z4 ;)

My record for a tank was very, very nearly 700miles, but that was exclusively motorway (I lived 1 mile from the M40 at the time).

Caporegime
I 'must surely know' - hahaha :D. No, I had no idea :). Explains why he thinks you need special 'BMW oil' though...classic case of too much knowledge is a dangerous / expensive thing.

Yeah the €200k engine tests that we run to get BMW specs on product are pointless.

Just go buy some untested stuff instead. It's more expensive and so must be better right ?

Man of Honour
Yep, the whole thing as low as it goes in a desperate attempt to make it feel like my Z4 ;)

My record for a tank was very, very nearly 700miles, but that was exclusively motorway (I lived 1 mile from the M40 at the time).
I think I could break 700, but it would have to be no town driving and no booting it now and then. I live about 2 miles from the A417.

Associate
I just put a new filter and Halfords own brand BMW LL-04 spec oil in. Hundreds of posts on e90\bimmer etc using this without issue.

The fact most of us on here actually take the time to change oil and filters is better than most people.

Soldato
Ok 4 series / M4 vert owners question - my M4 is doing something that my last M3 convertible never did, and it's properly annoying... not sure if it's meant to do this or not.

Driver's seat - if I use the handle to allow someone in or out of the back, only on the driver's side (the same thing does not happen on the passenger side), the driver seat slowly moves backwards and down. So that if the person doesn't actually get in or out quickly, they will in fact be stuck. It's like the seat is moving to it's furthest back from the pedals and lowest to the floor setting. It's really annoying.

Any ideas? Sounds like a fault to me, but perhaps there is a reason or a setting or something I can mess with?

Soldato
Firstly, I posted because for some reason, this had ended up on page 2.....clearly suboptimal....

Secondly, I posted a while ago after a warranty iDrive update and significant coding I seemed to have lost the menu option to import music.

Well, I just didn't look properly. As I have (or as of December) the absolute latest iDrive firmware, the option to import had been moved to within the USB menu option. So open the USB External connection and you see this little save icon which is the import music option

XHnKH4C.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm it would appear my key fob has now died. I have to lock and unlock the car like it came from the stone age whilst I decide about replacing it :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I appreciate it's an M3 but it's going to feel like stepping back in time sitting in that after an LCI F10.

You're going to lose so much money changing your mind after 3 weeks of ownership, you'd probably be better keeping it a year then moving to an M4.

Man of Honour
Yeah I guess that's an option.

I didn't expect to be having two job interviews lined up for work at home hence I bought it. One is a 6 mile drive so most likely on the bike, the other in a 4 miles journey so bus and/or bike. The F10 would just sit there mostly unused.

Caporegime
Chris in strange car purchase yet again.

If you're that close to work then the M3 is too boring as a special car. Sure its a jack of all trades but its not a 'weekend car'. Certainly that spec with crappy all black interior.

Infact that one looks overpriced to me, doesn't even have heated front seats nor EDC and the wheels look badly corroded. I didn't pay a huge amount more for a mint competition pack with pretty much every option and 33k miles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom