2017 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R

Soldato
That's the best tail tidy I've ever seen.
Yeah the evotech tail tidys are great. Really makes R&G look like crap. I have the bashguard and rad cover for my bonneville and the quality is great.

Sin - Did you manage to get any sort of deal with your SDR? Extras etc? going into a dealer this weekend to have a chat... :)

Associate
Yeah the evotech tail tidys are great. Really makes R&G look like crap. I have the bashguard and rad cover for my bonneville and the quality is great.

Sin - Did you manage to get any sort of deal with your SDR? Extras etc? going into a dealer this weekend to have a chat... :)

Dealer I did the test ride at yesterday was going to give me £1k off the configurator price.

Associate
Meet up would be cracking, but I'm not on the mainland unfortunately :p

I'm getting an Austin Racing shorty slip-on. Under half the price basically. I'll let you know if it;s any good when it arrives.

The Evotech Tail tidy is a work of art. Full metal, 100% hidden cabling. Then angle of the KTM tail tidy is strange, I find it shines the reg plate light at people behind you rather than on the plate.

I'm no wheelie king so that part of the track pack was a bit of a no-go for me. You can always add it at a later date. It's a software update only.

Which AR slip on? KT44 looks lovely.

Soldato
OP
Does the quickshifter come as standard on the 2017 SDR or is it something you need to pay extra for?

You can get it with the Performance Pack, which also included MyRide and the Motor Slip Regulation (You want this) and that represents the best value. Or you can buy it as a standalone option. All the hardware is on all bikes, it's just a software unlock. The KTM.co.uk configuration shows you all the options available and prices.

New Rizoma mirror adapters arrived. The ones from the S1000R fit, but were a little too short/fouled the CC switch. New taller ones sorts that problem out. Also a cheeky snap of the bling side of the Evotech rear bobbin :D

ktm_sdr1290_rizmirr_1.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_rizmirr_3.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_rizmirr_4.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_sorpoi_1.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_sorpoi_2.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_sorpoi_3.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_sorpoi_4.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_evotech_rebob_3.jpg

Soldato
Dear me that looks amazing!

The performance packs and 'unlocks' is why I guess they kept the price at £14k compared to last year. Easy way to make money offering all the extras.

Soldato
I'll be surprised if nobody manages to hack the ECU or whatever it is to unlock all the extras for free. I wonder if it is just a on/off switch in the software or if they actually load on extra software for the extras.

Soldato
OP
I'll be surprised if nobody manages to hack the ECU or whatever it is to unlock all the extras for free. I wonder if it is just a on/off switch in the software or if they actually load on extra software for the extras.

For some of the options on older 1190 adventures it literally was a case of plug in, change from "No" to "Yes" and that was it.

The ECUs won't be hacked though, or seems very unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom