Poll: Spanish Grand Prix 2017, Catalunya - Race 5/20

Rate the 2017 Spanish Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Just got to laugh at Honda really, was it supposed reliability fixes they tested at Bahrain that were supposed to be used here? How many times can Honda bring something new to the track only to find new reliability problems they failed to find in the lab. This while Ferrari and Merc bring new updates to the track that work usually flawlessly. There is unlimited testing in the lab and Merc/Ferrari are able to bring reliable parts to the tracks while Honda absolutely can't, then we get so many people talking about how limited testing is killing F1 because Honda have no chance to test as much as needed.

No, they are just incompetent, if two manufacturers can absolutely do all the testing they need in a lab you effectively have proof that unlimited lab testing done right can find all the problems you need. Either they have awful testing, or awful design, rules can't prevent or account for incompetence.

Sauber are absolutely mental to sign up with honda for any cost. They are putting themselves into Mclaren's position in that sponsors aren't interested in that **** show of a car failing every week. Yes they have sponsors but Mclaren are still a huge brand, Sauber are not, so they'll struggle even further. I can see Honda giving up in not too long but 2-3 years with Sauber could see Sauber eroded of any credibility at all, lacking sponsors, Honda pulling out then being utterly utterly screwed.

I'm fairly convinced that they bought the Honda coolaid and ended up with a year old Ferrari only because they needed to wait a year for Honda engines and Ferrari realised what was up the second they would be refusing to sign a three year deal with Ferrari. Ferrari think they only want a one year deal, they are switching engines next year, at which point they only offer Sauber last year's engines. They've hurt themselves for this year, to sign with Honda, to have an engine that shows exactly no sign from Honda that will ever be competitive at all.

Man of Honour
Nice to see a 2 seat F1 car back. Underneath it's a very old Tyrrell 026 chassis from 1998 that's been modified for it. I really liked the Arrows approach with the AX3 where the passengers had a better view.

Man of Honour
For 40 million dollars a year i doubt he's going to go anywhere. He also has to be aware of making himself look more difficult for teams he could be hired by in future.
You really think he cares about or needs the money at this point? He wants to win, or at least be able to try to. I'd dare say he would race for free if he could be given something competitive and reliable.

Back
Top Bottom