100% / high disk usage

Associate
Ive looked into many fixes to the high disk usage issue but with no success.

Does anyone have a sure fire fix or can point me in the right direction.Getting sick of continuous lag and crashing.

System and compressed memory , service host and wsappx seem to be the consistent tasks taking up disk usage on the task manager. Can these be turned off or should i leave them alone?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

dan

Soldato
What software do you have installed on the PC?

If you click on the arrow next to wsappx in task manger it should list the programs under it

Associate
OP
What software do you have installed on the PC?

If you click on the arrow next to wsappx in task manger it should list the programs under it

Windows 10 is operating software .if you mean general software on pc there will be quite a list but I do get rid of programs I don't use to try and keep it down to a minimum will have to check tomorrow evening

Soldato
Ive looked into many fixes to the high disk usage issue but with no success.

Does anyone have a sure fire fix or can point me in the right direction.Getting sick of continuous lag and crashing.

System and compressed memory , service host and wsappx seem to be the consistent tasks taking up disk usage on the task manager. Can these be turned off or should i leave them alone?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

dan

Had the same issue with my girlfriends laptop, for days I tried all sorts of fixes found through Google, in the end I opened the windows store, turned out it was the windows store wanting to or trying to update all the metro nonsense. Once I'd told it to update all and left it to do its thing, disk usage calmed down. Have a look!

Associate
OP
My dad has just had this issue after a windows update, turns out the ram size was changed to 256mb so used msconfig to change ram size back to 16000mb and all is back to normal now.
Ive changed my pages sizes from automatic and set a custom value for min and max dont know for sure but seems to have had an effect

Had the same issue with my girlfriends laptop, for days I tried all sorts of fixes found through Google, in the end I opened the windows store, turned out it was the windows store wanting to or trying to update all the metro nonsense. Once I'd told it to update all and left it to do its thing, disk usage calmed down. Have a look!

Just turned mine of now never use them didnt realise all that crap updates in background!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom