How to uninstall win 10 creator update?

Associate
OP
how did you do it? I'm having serious issues with my colour settings since the update....
Settings- update and security*- Recovery, under the reset windows option there should be the option to roll back to previous build.

*I'm not 100% but it is in recovery. I can't find the option anymore or it has been replace by "creator update is ready"

Last edited:
Associate
if you have issues reset (clear) your update history and re try that usually does the job. creators update doesnt like having failed versions of it sitting round doing nothing. then do a roll back.

Problems with windows update

clear the Windows Update history,

1. Open command prompt:

1) Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2) In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
3) When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

2. At the command prompt, type “net stop WuAuServ” (without quotations) and press Enter.
3. Click Start, type “%windir%” (without quotations) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
4. In the opened folder, look for the folder named “SoftwareDistribution” and open it.
5. Double click the DataStore folder and locate the DataStore.edb file. Right-click on the file, select “Rename” and type “DataStoreold” (without quotations) to rename this file.
6. Open command prompt, type in the command “net start WuAuServ” (without quotations) and press Enter to restart the Automatic Updates service.

Then check if the updates failure history is cleared.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those who do not use it then consider something like Macrium Reflect to make a full backup of your Windows drive before you install the Creators update.
You can use that to make regular backups.

When I tried to restore back to my previous version of Windows due to Creators problems it did not work correctly.

Thankfully Macrium sorted that out.

V F

V F

Soldato
What did Microsoft do with this Creators Update that bugged out my Broadcom Ethernet drivers that originally came with the OS? I had to scour and scour and Broadcom's site is a pain finding drivers.

The original drivers started losing the connection leading to blue screens or long hangs on restarts to blue screens. Nearly had flashbacks to Windows 2000 and Aureal 3D sound drivers dying so losing the sound.

Before this update since having Windows 10 for a year I never had issues.

Associate
OP
if you have issues reset (clear) your update history and re try that usually does the job. creators update doesnt like having failed versions of it sitting round doing nothing. then do a roll back.

1. Open command prompt:

2) In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

2. At the command prompt, type “net stop WuAuServ” (without quotations) and press Enter.
3. Click Start, type “%windir%” (without quotations) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
4. In the opened folder, look for the folder named “SoftwareDistribution” and open it.
5. Double click the DataStore folder and locate the DataStore.edb file. Right-click on the file, select “Rename” and type “DataStoreold” (without quotations) to rename this file.
6. Open command prompt, type in the command “net start WuAuServ” (without quotations) and press Enter to restart the Automatic Updates service.

Then check if the updates failure history is cleared

1. Open command prompt:

Then check if the updates failure history is cleared.
good post and bookmarked for when I need it. there should be a sticky with info like this, I spent hours trying to figure out why windows kept braking after one of my gpus went swimming something to do with having to rebuild mbr.

I'm on another mission to find if I have installed "anaversary" update, can't find it in history. Any one know the KB number?
I want gears of war 4 and the discription says I need this update to install the game.

Back
Top Bottom