what am i gonna do about this system ive paid £1000 for

Associate
hi guys need some advice im not an expert on pc's so forgive me but i bought this ex demo titan aurora tower from overclockers with this System Specification:
- Case: In Win 805
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz
- Motherboard: Asus Z170-E
- Graphics Card: KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 “Reference Blower” 8GB
- RAM: HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD
OcUK Techlabs 240mm AIO Liquid Cooler
Super Flower Leadex 550W 80+ Gold

ive finally got it up and running after ordering a new keyboard for it as mine had the wrong connector (old ps2 plug) anyway on looking on the system information it appears its only got 1 hard drive of 238gb its only got 8gb of ram in it. its cpu is 3.50ghz (not 4.5ghz) and finally the graphics card is not a 1070 gtx its just a 970gtx what can i do as i have bought this pc on finance and im not very happy also to cap it all ive thrown out some of the packaging so i cant really send it back :( any help will be appreciated thx in advance :)
dave

Associate
OP
hi again yes i will have to ring them on my lunch break on monday but definately a 970 gtx with 4gb of ram on it i bought with the specs shown at top as i copied and pasted them from the overclockers website and the invoice i got with it doesnt say anything abt specs just says description "ex demo" titan aurora intel core [email protected] overclocked gaming pc also it didnt come with any cables, manuals or even a kettle lead very dissapointed tbh.

Man of Honour
Alternatively post in the customer service section or send OcUK a webnote.

It'll be the quickest way to sort it out probably.

Also - open computer management ( compmgmt.msc in run prompt ) and does it show the extra HDD under Storage->Disk Management ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok here goes a little update on this i phoned overclockers on monday morning 15th may at 9 0 clock and explained that things werent correct such as the graphics card was meant to be a 1070gtx and i recieved a 970gtx also i mentioned the 1tb hdd missing and the other 8gb of ram from the system and the the guy told me (forgot to ask his name sorry) that it was a mistake with the advert and the system i received has the specs of the system they were selling he went off for a couple of minutes and came back and said they would be prepared to give me the 1tb hdd drive and do the overclock but that was all as the 1070gtx was too expensive for them to give me so i said "what abt the 8gb of ram thats missing aswell" and he said no to that too. i told him ok then i dont want the system in that case and agreed for it to be picked up the next day by dpd. i phoned my wife at lunchtime and she asked for overclockers number a different member of staff spoke to her and said as the system was described on the advert i bought it from its only fair that they give me that system so my wife agreed to have it back. She phoned up today (19th may) and was told it was on the work bench waiting to be sorted and it should be back sometime next week so if they do sort it all out i will be very impressed indeed. lets see and fingers crossed........to be continued :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok here goes a little update on this i phoned overclockers on monday morning 15th may at 9 0 clock and explained that things werent correct such as the graphics card was meant to be a 1070gtx and i recieved a 970gtx also i mentioned the 1tb hdd missing and the other 8gb of ram from the system and the the guy told me (forgot to ask his name sorry) that it was a mistake with the advert and the system i received has the specs of the system they were selling he went off for a couple of minutes and came back and said they would be prepared to give me the 1tb hdd drive and do the overclock but that was all as the 1070gtx was too expensive for them to give me so i said "what abt the 8gb of ram thats missing aswell" and he said no to that too. i told him ok then i dont want the system in that case and agreed for it to be picked up the next day by dpd. i phoned my wife at lunchtime and she asked for overclockers number a different member of staff spoke to her and said as the system was described on the advert i bought it from its only fair that they give me that system so my wife agreed to have it back. She phoned up today (19th may) and was told it was on the work bench waiting to be sorted and it should be back sometime next week so if they do sort it all out i will be very impressed indeed. lets see and fingers crossed........to be continued :)

good to hear- Law was on your side as what you advertise you have to provide unless its a miss-up that was huge like stating GTX 1270 etc etc

Soldato
I don't know how much that computer costs and sounds like you might get it resolved, if it was me I'd probably question a refund of half the cost to then get a better version of the 1070 and get a hard drive.

Associate
OP
Ok here goes the final instalment :) finally got my pc back and overclockers have excelled themselves and put right everything that was wrong with this machine they have put in the 1070gtx graphics card they have put in the 16gb of ram and also they have given me the 1 tb hard drive that it came without and they have also done the overclock although i cant seem to confirm whether this is running at 4.50ghz (not sure how to check this) to be perfectly honest i think i would probably go elsewhere to buy a pc in future as although they put it right it should have been sent as advertised in the first placed. i wonder if i had been a total novice with pc's and bought this system and not noticed anything wrong would overclockers have gotten away with selling wrongly advertised goods?? i wonder if maybe that has happened to somebody else?but alas i am happy now with the machine they have sent me so i cannot complain i will also like to thank everybody who took the time to reply to me and helped me with this issue. thanks very much guys and gals :)
Dave (kodi308)

Man of Honour
Think of it another way, this could have been a simple stock error as it was an ex demo unit (could have been put in the wrong box for example ). How Good was Overclockers rectifying the situation and the time it took to do so ?

Hope your happy with your system and post a pic of it, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom