8th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th May - 19th May 2017

Xez

Xez

Associate
Well I came out of hospital but now back in, hopefully just an infection caused by Chemo. I've switched over to Cosmology on both my computers.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So I think we might be getting spread a bit thinly. We're under attack in Cosmology. A major Einstein bunker has escaped just under us. Yoyo was a very slow start. At present the only place we are making a litte ground is LHC, but that is only on the smallest of margins. What to do next?

Man of Honour
I'm out of CPU's so its either all in on Cosmology or throw everything at LHC. I've already upgraded the memory capacity on my main rig just for this (well thats my excuse :o )

Whatever the consensus is I'll switch, but at the moment once einstein ends I'll just leave everything on Cosmology.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I think most people are finding Cosmology the easier to run over LHC. So Cosmology needs more power from us if we are to even hold where we are. And putting effort into Cosmology will also keep Rechenkraft watching us there keeping them from too much pressure on us on LHC. Can't abandon LHC altogether, but we seem slightly better position on that?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Well done team, 11th for the Cross Country (Einstein), One place better than last year's event. Combined with our 10th from the City Run (WCG Zika), we're doing slightly better than last year overall.

We seem to have recovered our poor start at the Spint (yoyo), but there is a good chance of a few bunkers out there. But both the Marathon (Cosmolgy) and Swimming (LHC) have seen us drop a slot in the last 24 hours, and we'll be at risk on both of those if there are bunkers below us.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Daily bulletin says we are reckless for diverting resources! What resources would you recommend me doing? Currently doing Cosmology and LHC.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Daily bulletin says we are reckless for diverting resources! What resources would you recommend me doing? Currently doing Cosmology and LHC.
Just a bit of loose journalism with no idea which of the 3 projects we are building our biggest bunker in :D
Cosmo and LHC are fine, Yoyo's server is going up and down like something that goes up and down a lot :)

Last edited:
Associate
Well, while you're busy digging holes with a spoon to bury your walnut sized horde, any new resources should be put on Yoyo, to give TAAT a chance to catch up on LHC. Right? Sounds reasonable enough?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Classic failed attempt at misdirection from our foe over at TAAT :p

But seriously there is a firestorm coming under us on Cosmology. Inevitable we're going to drop out of the top 10 for the Marathon :(

Man of Honour
Any particular project on LHC that I should focus on seeing as I don't have a massive multi-cpu monster, just some 8 and 12 core cpu's

Am doing cosmology and LHC now as its just set and forget till the end of the marathon. I'll do what I can.

GPU's back on folding

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I have no idea what might be best on either LHC or Cosmology. Cosmology has a simple choice, the non virtual legacy or virtualised Planck. LHC only has one non virtual thing the six track stuff that I don't think pays well, but if you virtualise anything might be OK if you have enough RAM. Only the Atlas stuff uses more than one core.

Back
Top Bottom