Corsair 460X: AM4 AORUS XTR - Last Active entry- Hi Res Shots

Soldato
OP
Must admit, the Aorus RX 580 XTR is impressing from having used a Strix and G1 480 is the past which had Grizzlie paste applied to.

Running Fire strike,TimeSpy (paid version so no demo at the start) and new Unigine bench without the fans coming on until the last few seconds, average temps was 55c through the runs. There are 3 corsair SP RGB fans at the front running 500rpm which will also help.
Ran test from 1080p to 1440p .

Either the massive heatsink is doing a terrific job with the added airflow from the front or the Polaris XT chips is doing is job running a lot cooler. Boost was reading 1439mhz , hoping to push to 1500 on the core.

Seems Second Build of Win10 creators ed along with latest Relive drives aren't as stable as the previous month's one, think that's win 1607 and 17.4.3 for AMD .

Might roll back and try

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had Alphacool gear turn up for the Parvum build and thought, why not create a Luxury Premium AIO the likes of Lian Li or In Win would use of their £400+ cases so here is the Eisbrecher Radiator!

Now, which one will fit... will try both out an see :D I thought there might be enough space for Push Pull but 8mm short!!! damn!

Installing the 360 version will mean ditching the HDD but should be fine since its just an experiment.

Using the Eisbaer Unit along with 16/10mm Compression and Soft-tubing, along with a small Squared Flow meter and Metal High Flow DQC, normal Eisbaer AIO and EKWB Preds come with cheap looking plastic QDC that doesn't help flow to much

Soldato
OP
So, had some spare Alphacool parts and thought i'd see if i could recreate a Premium AIO feel at the cost of some of the most expensive AIO kits out there

Reaching £150 odd. Flow wheel and 6 fittings prings up the cost to about £180
Eisbaer CPU Block/Pump
Eisbrecher 240 54mm Rad
10/16m compression fittings
Eiszapfen Metal high flow QDC

very poor quality phone shot

Quick lesson learnt, there is a reason why AIO use 8/11 or thinner tubing!

I went for 10/16 to create less restriction and build up the visuals to match a basic custom loop. whilst thick wall over 10/13 allows some tight bends , its just way to thick overall and doesn't capture the feel of an AIO nor the flexibility .

Use a bigger case! i thought adding a flow wheel would be cool but along with the premium quick disconnects and not like those ones featured as standard by alphacool & ekwb being cheap plastic- bu they do take up a lot of space along with the bulky tubing. will having to ditch the flow well I think.

QDC is smart but adding the compression fittings to the end makes it a lot longer then EKWB version and just a bit longer then Alphacools one supplied in their AIO- which i've just found out they do a Copper version of. More restrictive but would be a better alternative

Hoping to get the kit connected tonight as got half way through the build and turned more into a basic custom loop then " premium AIO" .

OCUK Corsair kit was £150 ( at full price ) and hit max 63c with the Ryzen 5 1600@ 3.8 with 1.293v
Most expensive AIO @OCUK comes from NZXT Kraken X52 but does include fans.

hoping to see how this little experiment on the side turns out, using the same SP 120 RGB fans provided on the OCUK H100 kit

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Managed to grab a few better quality snaps of the alphacool parts and first loop attempt

Eisbrecher

And the first attempt at a "Premium" looking AIO

Flow wheel needs to be added to of the rad

Soldato
OP
For anyone using of thinking about using Alphacool Eisbaer, Bequiet Silent loop or Fractal Design last Gen Kevlin ;

If your kit comes with a AM4 bracket make sure there is a taller spacer/washer included. Its used to add pressure to the mount.
If not, use the supplied nut ontop of the plate and not underneath

Also sorted tubing

Soldato
OP
And thats the mini Custom AIO complete , tubes are a bit slack but will be on its way to another user housed in an S340 with a slimmer 30mm so needs the slack .

Really must clean the dust off haha. seems Sexond XTR comes Tomorrow hopefully :D

Bit gutted I couldn't make the QDC work, maybe using 10/13mm or the standard 8/11 found in Alphacool Eisbaer and their OEMs could allow it with more flexibility and still allow more flow then current Asetek AIOs

Soldato
OP
Second XTR has arrived and Custom AIO is running 15c cooler then H100 with same SP120 RGB fans

Will need to change the GPU cable location from underneath to ontop/side. This should allow the top GPU to be pulled a but upright to correct slack and allow a bit of air clearance

Both GPUs were running 56c with ASUS Realbench in both Stress and Benchmark mode.
Air supply will be a lot better once Corsair H100 is returned and located at the top of the case.

Last edited:
Associate
Im thinking about this case or the bigger one. How have you found this case? It looks quite small with everything in there.. I kinda like that idea as many cases seem to have excess room.

Soldato
OP
Im thinking about this case or the bigger one. How have you found this case? It looks quite small with everything in there.. I kinda like that idea as many cases seem to have excess room.

Still prefer my personal rig which uses Jonsbo UMX4 . lot small, better build quality but is more limited to water cooling but easier to manage cables .

This one did surprised me front of house but cabling at the back is a nightmare and would suggest the 570X over this , slightly more higher but allows slightly more freedom .
Specially if you want to stick AIO IP lot like I did

Associate
Still prefer my personal rig which uses Jonsbo UMX4 . lot small, better build quality but is more limited to water cooling but easier to manage cables .

This one did surprised me front of house but cabling at the back is a nightmare and would suggest the 570X over this , slightly more higher but allows slightly more freedom .
Specially if you want to stick AIO IP lot like I did

I have a corsair 240mm AIO so that would need to be accounted for. Thanks for sharing though, it looks really nice!

Soldato
OP
I have a corsair 240mm AIO so that would need to be accounted for. Thanks for sharing though, it looks really nice!

Of your mounting at the top in the 460 you need low profile ram, if not has to go to the front . I believe the 570 it would mount fine and push pull may be achievable with lower profile ram

Soldato
OP
Right, updated Relive to latest beta version along with Win 10 creator patch which has helped complete a run for Fire strike which was causing System to black screen before

System was running on Wattman at default values so think core speed was 1250hz odd which power set to 50% on both cards.
Was run with Ryzen 5 1600 at default clock and 2933hz on the RAM.
Next is to try overclock @3.8 like with a single card then to get GPUs to aorus rated speeds, then after that with Aorus Engine enabled

Soldato
OP
Looking good. How's the graphics card performing? Thinking of picking one up, if just the RGB part of it haha.

XTR is performing well! really surprised and Gigabyte learnt lessons from 400 series. They tend to cool all 3 main components on the main heatsink which is great for lifespan but generated more heat with the older design just having enough enough heatsink real estate , this time around it almost has to much haha.

Have noticed with two that fans now do turn on running Firestrike benchmarks but still sits at 53c degrees which is fantastic - no pun intended .
Yet to apply Thermal Grizzle to it but Estimate a good 4-5c should be knocked off at load. Design of it is pretty sweet since the PCB is narrower then the sink, you can see the rad fins at the top of the card and hot air easily flows from this gap to the top of the case naturally.

bit gutted over the weekend though as Gigabyte APP forced a firmwire update and somehow has cause ryzen master to now trigger Ram XMP . Going to have to fiddle around again

Also re-ran Firestrike and hit 11K+ with correct core speeds, now need to set ram speed to 9 Gbps like i did one only one was set and get ram to correct speed again

Soldato
OP
So windows Creator update along with beta Crimson driver and Xfire working like a charm.
Bios reset to default and XMP selected again its not back up to normal with Ryzen Master.
Last to do is manually dial In best 3.8 OC to lowest voltage in the bios

So much more room now the Custom AIO is out, lowers Temps to 43c when running Firestrike Extreme :
Used Thermal Grizzlie on the H100 which has helped by 5c under load :)

Soldato
OP
Managed to grab some High Res shots before wife is due :)

was a bit late so lighting not the best , doesnt help as well had the wrong setting on for first group of shots!

Let there be light!

Close ups :)

Glass up, lights up

Back
Top Bottom