Need some help with a Windows 10 Boot issue

Associate
For the last couple of days I have been having an issue with Windows 10 booting properly. Yesterday I managed to get in after choosing command prompt from the recovery options and running chkdsk by choosing to run at next boot then rebooted the computer and went strait in.

This morning I got into Safe mode then did a reboot and again it started normally.

I have tried the BOOTREC /FIXMBR and BOOTREC /FIXBOOT commands.

I have also tried running SFC /SCANNOW and this says that everything is ok.

I am not aware that anything has changed recently.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is windows 10 installed on too, a ssd or hdd?

When you get in to windows you also try the reset windows option but keep personal files.

Was there any new software installed of windows updates before the issue started?

Associate
OP
It is one of the Intel 750 Nvme PCIE SSD.

I have not tried that option does this just do an install of windows over the top and keep all my programs and files?

The last windows update to go on was last wednesday. On Friday the day before it started an updated to Firefox went on and an updated to my FSecure anti-virus.

Associate
OP
Also while I just checked if any updates went on it is only showing that I have 9 Windows updates installed which can't be correct as I am sure there have been loads since I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to 10 last July.

Back
Top Bottom