• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
By your logic, those that have already voted won't come back to the thread anyway.

All resetting would do is reduce the numbers who've voted. If people are commenting and saying they're changing their mind about a party then they have the option to change that vote.

Those that already voted have an option of changing if they so wish. If they can't be bothered (lazy) to go back to a thread in which they voted then it's their fault if the results don't reflect the reality.

This thread has been on page 1 of GDsince it was created. Hardly buried or out of sight.

Me thinks there's a select few hoping the results will favour another party if the results are reset. Why else would it matter so much?

Try being in the Labour Party at the minute. :D :D :D

Caporegime
wow lots of tory propaganda on here today. Guess what, labour today are polling at 30%. Glad people are wising up

What in particular do you think is 'propaganda' here? - it seems like most people have been posting news stories and ironically the thing most resembling 'propaganda' is the following post by you:

18449367_1336888426395143_3325523005501687976_o.jpg

Do you have or are you able to provide some context to the above or was it just copied and pasted from Facebook?

Man of Honour
With regards to social housing, about £9 billion from the taxpayer ends up in the pockets of private landlords. They money should be used to build social housing.

What will happen to those who are currently having their housing costs paid? Housing benefit is a Tenant subsidy, not a landlord one.

I agree with you by the way, but the impact of the loss of benefit won't really be to the landlord, who can replace the tenant, but to the tenant who can no longer pay their rent.

Soldato
By your logic, those that have already voted won't come back to the thread anyway.

All resetting would do is reduce the numbers who've voted. If people are commenting and saying they're changing their mind about a party then they have the option to change that vote.

Those that already voted have an option of changing if they so wish. If they can't be bothered (lazy) to go back to a thread in which they voted then it's their fault if the results don't reflect the reality.

This thread has been on page 1 of GDsince it was created. Hardly buried or out of sight.

Me thinks there's a select few hoping the results will favour another party if the results are reset. Why else would it matter so much?

So you don't want to reset it because you're afraid that there will be a higher turnout for labour?.

Caporegime
What in particular do you think is 'propaganda' here? - it seems like most people have been posting news stories and ironically the thing most resembling 'propaganda' is the following post by you:

Do you have or are you able to provide some context to the above or was it just copied and pasted from Facebook?

The one on the left is May holding a rally at a disused airfield in Northumberland with a "few" local invite only supportors and selected press. The cropped shot was the one used by the Tory loving Telegraph.

The one on the right is shot of people turning up to hear Corbyrn speak. This was then closed cropped to it looked like the same number of people as at May's rally.

So the press running the story they want not the truth just lick Trump and his inauguration crowd numbers.

Associate
With regards to social housing, about £9 billion from the taxpayer ends up in the pockets of private landlords. They money should be used to build social housing.

And if i remember correctly certain mp's own housing accosiations which of course accept housing benefit. I'd like to say they're torry but i'd bet the blairites would be guilty of it

edit, here it is

https://www.theguardian.com/housing...tory-landlord-mps-housing-bill-private-rented

Mostly conservatives haa

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So you don't want to reset it because you're afraid that there will be a higher turnout for labour?.
Lol. Nope. But I think that's what you want.

As a mod team we've decided that we will allow users to change votes instead of resetting polls. It's a new feature of the forum, so we'll use it.

Caporegime
The one on the left is May holding a rally at a disused airfield in Northumberland with a "few" local invite only supportors and selected press. The cropped shot was the one used by the Tory loving Telegraph.

The one on the right is shot of people turning up to hear Corbyrn speak. This was then closed cropped to it looked like the same number of people as at May's rally.

So the press running the story they want not the truth just lick Trump and his inauguration crowd numbers.

But there was/is no link to the actual article - now that you've said that I'm more inclined to give it some weight but the picture itself lacks context. I would be interested to see the article itself - is the relative size of the crowd particularly relevant even?

Soldato
Lol. Nope. But I think that's what you want.

As a mod team we've decided that we will allow users to change votes instead of resetting polls. It's a new feature of the forum, so we'll use it.

It's a bit of a joke, but I'm not a mod so I don't get to have a say. I shall stop going on about it :).

V F

V F

Soldato
Why bother having a thread?. Why bother with a forum?... And so on.

It's about having a conversation, and knowing how people are voting, or changing their voting habits based on the new information. The results here don't 'matter' per se. But they matter to the conversation.

By all means, discuss/debate but it still doesn't change the fact the poll is irrelevant. Feels like Groundhog Day to be honest.

Most people aren't honest in polls anyway. Some are and then there are some who like to spike things or annoy others with their votes. The only poll that matters is election day.

Soldato
By all means, discuss/debate but it still doesn't change the fact the poll is irrelevant. Feels like Groundhog Day to be honest.

Most people aren't honest in polls anyway. Some are and then there are some who like to spike things or annoy others with their votes. The only poll that matters is election day.

I know. I refuse to believe people are actually voting for two of the most confused and frankly dangerously low calibre candidates for PM in the history of PMs. This woman has absolutely no idea what's going on around her and is on the brink of senility. Poor woman just wanted to give herself a chance to not be PM but people still be voting for her? lmao it makes no sense, just take the hint and let her go!

Soldato
No one is forcing you to change your vote.

I could easily reset the vote count but then that's the same thing as asking people to change.

Don't know what you expect or what you mean by "how very lazy". Care to elaborate or will you just continue with that passive aggressive crap?

Not that I care, but I think the point is if you keep the poll and people just change their vote is that, yes the end result is the same, but you don't have the intermediary data points preserved to see any change over time as your not going to remember the previous starting point

Caporegime
Well if it drives up the rent, then by and large it becomes one? surely?

As in, exactly like when the US Fed said it would subsidies student debt x amount, x amount was added straight onto the fees by Universities?

Government sucks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well if it drives up the rent, then by and large it becomes one? surely?

No, because the rent increase applies across the whole market, not just to landlords with benefit claiming tenants.

The subsidy goes to the tenant. The market impact of the subsidy results in an increase in rents due to increasing demand at the housing benefit price point.

It cannot ever become a subsidy to the landlord.

Soldato
Can't understand anyone voting labour. Corbin is a compete turd how on earth can anyone believe the country getting into any more mountainous debt is a good idea is beyond me.

Same for Lib dems , they just want to score some pot .

UKIP have done there job .

Mrs May for me but I prefer the on e in the " Smack my bitch up video "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom