8th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th May - 19th May 2017

Associate
Classic failed attempt at misdirection from our foe over at TAAT :p

But seriously there is a firestorm coming under us on Cosmology. Inevitable we're going to drop out of the top 10 for the Marathon :(

Noooo! I'm serwwwwious! yew needs to be doin more Yoyo!

Unfortunately for TAAT, we seem to have hit the bottom of the top in Cosmo, little chance for the next team to catch up. Not sure how it all went to Hades so quickly for us. Ah well. But hey, if you guys get steamrolled like we did, it could help us a bit, perhaps! :p

Oh and DANG! What about OCN taking 1st in Einstein!? Woot! I guess they have a majority of folders over there that decided to help out the BOINC'ers. Impressive stuff!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I think we're going to get TAATed if we drop any more ranks on either yoyo cosmology or LHC. And at our current stalled progress that is inevitable :(

Soldato
OP
Yoyo@home has ruined this pentathlon IMO, the current standings are not a fair reflection, with the being server up then down, some can upload, some can't.
I am stuck hundreds of work units I can't upload, and the ones I have reported are still showing as in progress.
I'll be glad to see the back of it.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
yoyo is a good name for something that is up down up down.

Meanwhile TAAT have pushed us down a slot overall as they climb up the LHC tables. We'll slip further if we can't get our fingers out as we'll be caught by others on both Cosmology and LHC :(

Associate
yoyo is a good name for something that is up down up down.

Meanwhile TAAT have pushed us down a slot overall as they climb up the LHC tables. We'll slip further if we can't get our fingers out as we'll be caught by others on both Cosmology and LHC :(

Im doing both still, my gpu`s arent even working so as to save cpu cycles.

Associate
I put a little extra in to Cosmology while Yoyo was running, but I'm back to about a 66/33 split with LHC and Cosmology now. Hopefully we have enough CPU power to hold the spots!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
TAAT was a good job on Yoyo. Trouble is they are also powering up on LHC, and other teams are also pushing.

We seem to be treading water on both LHC and Cosmology. At our current lack of output we'll lose at least two places in LHC and one in Cosmology before this thing is over :(

Man of Honour
Got into work to find both my machines had been set to the not-on position. Rectified that immediately, not sure if it will help much though, although one is the Dual Xeon mac.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Nope. I'm just doing Atlas, controlling it from the LHC site's preferences. Not ideal as LHC only let's me have WUs that the CPU is free to crunch so there is a bit of idling time :(

Man of Honour
I'm timeslicing between Cosmo and LHC on all my machines, just trying to spread the love. :D Keep getting computation errors on LHC tho

MGP

MGP

Soldato
LHC especially Sixtrack has been a right pain in the <beep> for computation. All LHC need loads of RAM available. It's not an easy thing to get right. Some PCs seem happier than others.

Oh and there has just been a bunker drop under us in Cosmology. Not a good sign :(

Man of Honour
Its the VM ones that are giving me trouble, I got 32GB on this mac and obv its not overclocked, but still getting computation errors.

Back
Top Bottom