The µ43 thread - welcome to the really dark side

Caporegime
^^
I had been thinking about going to this event as I was up in the lakes all week but had to go home a day early unplanned.
If the 12-100 could take the mc-14 converter I'd buy it in an instant.

Yeah real shame it doesn't. Would be great to have 24mm to 280mm with one lens and a converter.

Associate
Some large price reductions on Camera Price Buster - Amazon have slashed prices of the following lenses, which are all subject to Olympus cash backs as well at the moment

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Lens - Amazon selling for £404 and Olympus will give you an additional £75 back via rebate

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45 mm 1:1.8 Lens - Black - Amazon selling for £169 and Olympus will give you an additional £40 back via rebate

Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II Lens - Amazon selling for £314 and Olympus will give you an additional £75 back via rebate

Olympus Cashback page can be found at

https://bonus.olympus.eu/customer-apply-for-promotion/?country_promotion=2&lng=en

Associate
I see Wex are doing some enhanced trade-in deals on the OMD E-M1-ii at the moment - has anyone traded in their M5-ii for the M1-ii ?

The most frustrating thing I find with my M5-ii is it's slow to wake up, so I'd be interested to know if M1-ii has the same problem.

Caporegime
I went from the m5-ii to the m1-ii and the m1 is much much faster. I switch on and its ready to go. In fact its just better at everything.

Except for the manual been about 300 pages to understand the menus that is.

I am still at the stage where I know there its in there somewhere to change something but I cant find it without going through almost every menu.

Associate
I went from the m5-ii to the m1-ii and the m1 is much much faster. I switch on and its ready to go. In fact its just better at everything.

Except for the manual been about 300 pages to understand the menus that is.

I am still at the stage where I know there its in there somewhere to change something but I cant find it without going through almost every menu.

Really worth the upgrade?

Just considering the change myself this or get the 40-150 f2.8.

Matt

Caporegime
Really worth the upgrade?

Just considering the change myself this or get the 40-150 f2.8.

Matt

The price is eye watering although a few deals are starting to appear to make it more palatable.

The focusing and features on the mark II are amazing. Will it make you take better pictures? Not necessarily. I part ex my body, sold my drone and my 75mm to find the body swap.

Associate
get it works wonders with pro capture
33839187014_82e9442fa7_b.jpg
33839187014_82e9442fa7_b.jpg
Untitled[/url] by Paul Stuart, on Flickr[/IMG] [url=https://flic.kr/p/UD9P2H]Untitled by Paul Stuart, on Flickr[/URL]Untitled by Paul Stuart, on Flickr

Last edited:
Associate
They do look stunning images.

At the moment I am just playing with photography as a side hobby to my main one, but am already finding I prefer nature photography, I have the EM5 MK2 and 12-50 kit lens, 40-150 r2 and also the Panasonic 100-400. The option is to swap bodies and go for the EM1 MK2 or concentrate on the lens side of things and get 12-40 and 40-150 f2.8 and then change the body later on - just not sure which is best way to go at mo.

Matt

Associate
If it was me.....I'd go with the lenses, your camera is more than capable enough. The 12-40 is a great lens. I'd feel cheated if I had to slap a kit lens on a em1 mk2

Associate
Olympus 40-150 f2.8 turned up today, must say just in the hand and testing it, it just feels a quality product and am looking forward to giving it a run out.

Really wish Olympus would produce a 100-400 tele as just in the build quality it wins hands down against the Panasonic 100-400, image quality of the Panasonic lens is superb but just doesn't feel as good quality to operate as the Olympus.

Matt

Associate
So after years of using just my phone to take pictures i took the leap and bought an Olympus OM-D E-M10 MII. I have taken a few test shots just on auto but would like to get to know how to use the features of this camera.

Can anybody point me towards a blog/website/book on what different features use/what lenses should be used where/beginners photography?

That would be really useful thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom