8th Annual BOINC Pentathlon: 5th May - 19th May 2017

Associate
Oh and there has just been a bunker drop under us in Cosmology. Not a good sign :(
Which team did that? Would be good to know if they will be keeping up with us over at [H]. Just wish some of the guys could have been there ready at the beginning... Maybe we could have had a much better showing this year. :(

Soldato
OP
Which team did that? Would be good to know if they will be keeping up with us over at [H]. Just wish some of the guys could have been there ready at the beginning... Maybe we could have had a much better showing this year. :(

MK, but it fell short of the mark.
Only the top 3 are out performing you on Cosmolgy as fastgeek continues to carpet bomb his way through the field.

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It wasn't a bunker drop; just a whole lot of cores coming online at once. ;)

You had already stomped on us by then. :( It was MK who unleashed, but seem to have shot their bolt.

I do wonder what TAAT are about in Cosmology. I suspect a bunker is building as othewise they are dragging their heels worse than us.

Associate
Yeah... you certainly can't relax until it is over. A lot of teams with tricks up their sleeves. We might make it to 8th in the Marathon, but it would be really tight.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
MK are at it again. If they have anything else in reserve we'll be in a spot of bother :(

And I still don't trust TAAT who have gone far too quiet although a million in Cosmology should be enough to keep us safe from even more harm?

We've rebuilt a 90k buffer in LHC when we had been caught by the Confederation, but I don't call that secure.

It's going to be a worrying run in to the end, especially if the projects have server validation issues. Cosmology and LHC are holding up reasonably well under the present barrage, but they've both had outages as their admins try and hold the wheels on. ....

Man of Honour
Just plugging away... keeping up the average, will leave it to the big guns to bunker. Its tough enough just keeping the cores fed.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
So the finish line is in sight. We seem to have a bit of daylight from the teams under us in both Cosmology and LHC :) But it's not a massive gap.

MK are dropping their Cosmology bunker, as they have for the last couple of evenings. Unless they have a second one stashed we should maintain a gap. No sign of anyone else dropping, and they would be leaving it to chance if they don't make a move soon given that they two projects have both had their short outages. I think we'll know in the next hour of any last threats. Even if we were to lose one project place, our overall position of 11 is looking good and would be an improvement on last year :)

MGP

MGP

Soldato
And MK have done it and stomped our backsides in Cosmology. :( Well done to them.

Fortunately it doesn't affect our overall rank.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
TAAT dump isn't going to be that good if Tony is asking other TAATies to divert resources to Cosmo :p

But if any OcUK can have a last flourish on VM Cosmo, that #11th slot may just be in reach as MK have stalled since they grabbed it.

Back
Top Bottom