What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Always painful :( Did my old Z4's bumper that way too whilst pulling into a space

Annoying isn't it! It needs a respray due to stonechips but I'd rather do it as whole front end as there are chips on bonnet/wings too.

It's not terrible but I'd rather it wasn't there.

kyn.jpg

I'll sand it down I think and try to colour match that bit and see how it comes out...worst case scenario I'll need a respray.. best case it won't be visible.

End of day, a respray is on cards.

Soldato
I didn't do it, but

qtVnZld.jpg

H79pYpl.jpg

[size=huge] :mad: [/size]

Still, it happened at work and I know the guy who did it. He was apologetic and is going to pay for it to be fixed (I know the bodyshop I want to use), and a hire car. As long as he doesn't baulk at the repair cost, it should go smoothly.

Associate
Anti-Lift kit fitted yesterday and thicker whiteline anti-roll bar.
28pK0mR.jpg

Then tracked up today, seems the rear stub axle has had something happen to it at some point in it's lifetime.
vAYiPsU.jpg

Then cleaned the engine bay.
xydSMmS.jpg
uKlRg8Y.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So.. got everything ready last night to change suspension today.
Weather forecast showed cloud with showers in late afternoon.

Wake up.. pouring rain and forecast changes to rain all day.

Yea screw you weather people.

Caporegime
As a noob when it comes to painting cars, how can you just paint the outside of a car and feel satisfied? Surely the colour will never match due to age (sunlight).

I'd imagine that the actual area for respray is the bumper and the leading edge of the bonnet, the rest of the unmasked area will be for blending in. Yes the colour match won't be identical front to back, but will be close enough that the gradient between the front and the end of the blend will make it pretty "invisible".

Soldato
It's done and back. I paid £320 for whole front end blended into doors and A-Pillars and he did my mirror caps also.

Can't see a colour difference and the finish is good, so pretty happy with that! I wasn't expecting a lot but wanted to tidy the car up but he's done a great job for the money. Send me a message via trust for the Companies name/contact info, a place in Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent :)

EDIT. Not had time to take pics and it's dirty now, but a couple out of the paint shop. No stand out differences I can see :)

paint2.jpg

paint3.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Opened up the garage this morning to be greeted by a very strong whiff of fuel - ended up having to replace the tank to pump 12mm pipe that was weeping.

18527530_10213459762827250_9162470780759412972_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom