2017 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R

Soldato
OP
Some bits arrived today, almost at the end of the ordered stuff! Paint sealant in an effort to try make the bright orange wheels easier to maintain/keep clean. Bought a screen protector for a tablet which I cut down to side to try protect the soft (very soft) plastic on the LCD dash. TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips also arrived after a 3 week stock delay. The sealant was not particularly cheap, but should last forever on the bike for the little paintwork that needs coverage. Feels suuuuuuuuper slippery after putting the stuff on so hopefully is as good as ratings might suggest.

ktm_sdr1290_sealant_1.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_sealant_2.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_techspec_1.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_techspec_2.jpg

ktm_sdr1290_techspec_3.jpg

Associate
Looking at trading my diavel in for one. Took a 2017 out for a test ride yesterday and loved it. Tried the mt10 which I found to light at the front end and a bit twitchy and the BMW s1000r which for the money is a bargain and really liked but left me a little cold.

Just waiting to hear from the dealer for what sort of deal they can do for me. Already got a good deal from a dealer down south. Have you had any issues with or any complaints

Associate
Already looking at carbon bits and mods. Ha. Will definitely want a tail tidy and exhaust. My diavel has a full termignoni system on it so the r is a little quiet.

Soldato
Will be interesting to know what sort of deal you can get down South. Best round here (Midlands) is 2.9% APR HP at the moment and they won't throw any extras in.

There have been a lot of MCT failures reported. Some say it's because there's some sort of demo / factory mode that the dealers have been forgetting to switch off, but there could be other issues :(

Associate
When I say down south it's kestral Ktm near Birmingham. I'm top end of Lancashire. Best Apr up here is 6.9 per cent so the 2.9 is very good down there.

Remind me what mct Is and what the fault it ?

Soldato
The guys there claim they have the best deal at the moment. Brand new branch so I guess they need to get business in.

The dodgy area (Coventry in general) and garage next door doesn't fill me with confidence, but then I suppose I wouldn't need to take it back there for servicing ever :p

Associate
As far as I can kestral Ktm are very good and well regarded.i woukdnt be taking it back to them as they are almost 3 hours away so it be just for the initial deal. I'm just trying too see if I can get rocket centre at blackburn to come up with a deal close to it.

Associate
Got a good deal on the bike and collecting it tomorrow hopefully. Got the dealer down from 6.9 to 3.9 Apr and got the bike for 13600 so knocked 400 off and got free performance pack, free heated grips, free rim tape and free tank pads. And 600 more than other places for my bike. Can't complain.

Soldato
Got a good deal on the bike and collecting it tomorrow hopefully. Got the dealer down from 6.9 to 3.9 Apr and got the bike for 13600 so knocked 400 off and got free performance pack, free heated grips, free rim tape and free tank pads. And 600 more than other places for my bike. Can't complain.
That's really good. KTM Birmingham told me "No deals on the bike because it's so new". Kestrel were/are doing 2.9% APR but I didn't enquire about further deals like heated grips.

Associate
It
That's really good. KTM Birmingham told me "No deals on the bike because it's so new". Kestrel were/are doing 2.9% APR but I didn't enquire about further deals like heated grips.
is really can't complain they have been really good. I could possibly have pushed for first service but I think I'd pushed them quite a bit. Don't think kestral would have done anything better and the deal I've got it over 36 rather 46 that kestral have and payements not much different but less balloon at the end so better in may ways.

Performance pack is my ride quickshifter and the mct from memory . I think the pack is 469 or close too and grips 170 and rim sticker as 40 and tank pad 30 so yep done good

Associate

That's a nice deal. So close to pulling the trigger on upgrading my Street Triple...

Back
Top Bottom