Ecoboost / Ecoflex engines

Associate
I couldn't find one in the spec I wanted when I looked. Mines a Titanium X.

You can get the Titanium X with the 182 engine but they're like rocking horse Excreta.

Yep agreed, thats kinda what I meant as above. TBH, when I was looking, it was hard enough finding a Titanium X in a 150 model without travelling to the other side of the country. I was lucky after around 6 months searching a panther black one showed up at a dealership on their website on the Friday evening and I was down there first thing Saturday morning.

Soldato
It is because the Atkinson cycle improves fuel efficiency at the expense of power. Therefore when combined with a hybrid unit they work well as the electrical element can fill the gaps in power delivery.

IIRC engines like the Mazda Skyactive units switch to the Atkinson cycle during low load scenarios to improve economy.

Atkinson cycle are most effective on hybrids where the engine is used to charge the battery and is not directly driving the driveshaft (google series hybrid drivetrain). Atkinson cycles are only efficient at a small range of engine speeds and will be designed to run at those engine speeds only.

Associate
Well I've done about 60 miles since the remap was done, still getting 40mpg although I can very quickly drop that down but got stuck in traffic on the way home after filling up slowly moving doing 40 in 6th gear 1500 revs and the car was happy, got upto 60mpg.
Soon went down when I had some open road but traveling around at 50 I still get pretty much the same mpg, power is defiantly noticeable not having to shift down as often as I would before.

They basically mapped it from 150 > 182 then a further map on top. Ending at 195 hp and increasing the torque by 80 to 320, defiantly worth the money was smiling all the way home.
Girlfriend was shocked when I first drove it at how different it was it throws you back in the seat.

Very happy :D

Associate
Well I've done about 60 miles since the remap was done, still getting 40mpg although I can very quickly drop that down but got stuck in traffic on the way home after filling up slowly moving doing 40 in 6th gear 1500 revs and the car was happy, got upto 60mpg.
Soon went down when I had some open road but traveling around at 50 I still get pretty much the same mpg, power is defiantly noticeable not having to shift down as often as I would before.

They basically mapped it from 150 > 182 then a further map on top. Ending at 195 hp and increasing the torque by 80 to 320, defiantly worth the money was smiling all the way home.
Girlfriend was shocked when I first drove it at how different it was it throws you back in the seat.

Very happy :D

Sounds great! Just shy of 200hp and sounds like its made quite a difference! Glad to hear you are happy with it and you are tempting me into looking into similar! Has it made much difference to your insurance?

Back
Top Bottom