Ryzen 5 1600 + Asus GTX 1070 Expedition 8GB Low FPS

Associate
Hello everyone,

I seem to have a problem with my new GPU.

Namely whenever I run any benchmarks I get FPS of ~80-90 and the scores in various benchmarks are rather underperforming for the hardware I am using.

Definitely far worse than others found on youtube/forums/articles etc.

This is the Unigine Heaven (which weirdly shows only 4GB memory??):
9ddf7a6431.png

Cinebench:
2eb8a66ef3.png

and CPU:
533a89651c.png

And my HWMonitor (idle):

965768b724.png

The drivers have been cleanly installed before for example unigine, no big difference. All settings are stock.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Reviewers run clean/streamlined systems when testing hardware - to get fair comparisons - so its hard to replicate their results.

What have you got your memory running at?

And i think the Unigine Heaven showing 4Gb is a known bug.

Soldato
The relatively low memory frequency will effect your scores.

Ideally, you would be running your memory at 2933MHz. I've got another forum member's memory using the same branded kits (3200MHz versions) at 2933MHz with no issues.

I would try setting your memory to 2933MHz.

Associate
OP
I have loaded XMP profile in BIOS.

2a2babbd6b.png

I have made my "personal best" at 96.53FPS.

However my main problem with the cinebench for example was - I ran it on my work PC - i7-7600, 24GB ram and GTX750 Ti and I ended up with a 145FPS score. Would it be due to different DirectX version?

Edit.

That is interesting now - after loading the XMP profile I have restarted PC few times - It has now beeped three times and rebooted before fully booting.

Soldato
Did you use exactly the same settings (ULTRA 8xAA etc) and are you sure the screen resolution wasn't lower?

Soldato
That is interesting now - after loading the XMP profile I have restarted PC few times - It has now beeped three times and rebooted before fully booting.
It's not stable - you may not be able to run it at 2933 - try a lower setting.

It's a bit of a lottery - ideally you would have set the memory timings/voltage/frequency manually and tweaked as necessary.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have read somewhere that apparently overclocking the CPU slightly might increase overall voltage or whatnot and stabilise the system?

I am completely green to it except for knowing my boundaries - no more than 1.350V on RAM and no more than 1.400V on CPU and in case of ryzen no more than 3.9Ghz (I wouldn't go beyond 3.8 just to be safe).

Soldato
I have read somewhere that apparently overclocking the CPU slightly might increase overall voltage or whatnot and stabilise the system?

I am completely green to it except for knowing my boundaries - no more than 1.350V on RAM and no more than 1.400V on CPU and in case of ryzen no more than 3.9Ghz (I wouldn't go beyond 3.8 just to be safe).
I would wait for the May update - we could try playing with your memory settings then. Hopefully they'll be more complaint via manual settings and perhaps slightly looser timings.

Back
Top Bottom