What's the chances on getting my money back..

Soldato
Just logged into my online banking after a checkout process went weird and wanted to see if money had been taken, that's when I noticed £20 being taken by my gym. What's wrong about that is I last went to the gym Dec 2015 and on my last visit I cancelled my membership.

So for a year and half unbeknownst to me they have been taking £20 which by now has amassed to £360.

Soldato
OP
You don't check your bank very often then? How can you not notice £20 being charged by a gym every month?

How can you not notice someone taking money out each month for a service you dont use :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: For a year and a half?!

No I don't check my statements, they go straight into the shredder and I rarely use my online banking. I have no reason to look at them as I have no debits, or thought I had no debits.

Man of Honour
No I don't check my statements, they go straight into the shredder and I rarely use my online banking. I have no reason to look at them as I have no debits, or thought I had no debits.

Wish I could live in your world and be blissfully unconcerned if a company accidentally overcharged me or the chance of someone using the bank account fraudulent as does happen unfortunately.

Soldato

Speak to your bank, be really nice nice and ask to do a Direct Debit Indemnity Claim. Tell them you cancelled and they have been fraudulently taking payment. They will refund you immediately and then go to the gym to reclaim the money back.

After that, well who knows. If you have no proof of cancellation then expect them to sell the debt on.

Back
Top Bottom