• Cubase

• Pro Tools

• Sonar

• FL Studio

• Reason

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Could I have a poll please mods with the following options? Thanks in advance.

Ableton
Cubase
Pro Tools
Sonar
FL Studio
Reason
Other (Please specify)

Interested to see what the general favoured DAW is for the forums amateur, possibly pro, music producers. Would also be useful if you could post your selection with the type of music you produce.

Associate
(Other) Reaper.. I started using it as Cockos give you a 60day evaluation period, and I simply got used to using it during that period, and then it is really reasonable to buy @ $60... Its very powerful in terms of features and as intuitive as this sort of software can be... and its constantly being updated and improved without breaking anything [well, so far for me anyway] I'm recording mostly acoustic instruments, or playing live keyboard/synth straight into my interface, so no MIDI which was always a weakness of Reaper in the past... it may be great now.

It simply works for me.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Poll added. I won't vote but I'm most comfortable with Pro Tools, even though I haven't used it for almost 8 years.

Soldato
Cubase, started with it in GCSE music :D still using it now, I work as a guitar teacher so use a few plugins, mainly Superior Drummer, NI VSTs and Waves plugins.

They're all good these days, some are better for certain applications, but I think if you stick with one DAW and learn it inside out then they can be really powerful.

Reaper is an excellent choice as it's like £40, does most stuff, not very intuitive but amazing for the money.

Associate
Funnily enough, I've recently got into making electronic music (Trance) and I use FL Studio, mainly because it's what I used in college, so It's what I'm most familiar with. It's crazy what you can create, but even more crazy the amount of features/techniques I've yet to learn/come across.

Soldato
FL Studio gets slated a lot in the audio industry, but the truth it, it's an intuitive and powerful piece of software. Logic is great and works very well due to optimisations in Mac OS. Ableton would be my main choice, as you can do more with it. For simplicity, I think logic has everyone beaten here though.

Associate
I've mucked around with FL, ableton and reason in the past, no idea what the latest versions are like, but I couldn't get my head around the way FL worked at all. The instruments are lovely though and great for playing live.

I liked the instruments and versatility of reason but the sequencer was a bit pants. Abletons great for throwing tracks together from loops, but the instruments are weedy.

Soldato
Reason for me, i have used Ableton and cubase, fruity loops at the time seemed a bit childish the thing is time with me i just don't have it to use all to their full potential:(

Back
Top Bottom