Theresa May to create new internet that would be controlled and regulated by government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nope, you are confused. It's spectrum, like i've said before. It's not black and white. Much like a judge will look at all the facts and make a decision based on that.

Just like the police will hear both sides of the story and decide whether to arrest you or not

I see you've not had much dealings with the Police

Associate
All standard, no need to get outraged. Tories will get in despite their dreadful, lizard policies. Look at the poll in this forum - tory majority. A country gets the government it deserves.

Soldato
It's not voting for the 1% though is it, have you read the manifesto's? Why is it the wealthy that's at fault for the problems in the UK? They pay for 50% of all tax in this country.

That's because they have all the wealth...

45% of people pay NO TAX at all.

Spongers everywhere!

That is idiotic and wrong in so many ways

Why are the majority of those people who are working hard on low pay, thus pay NO TAX as you say, spongers?

You seem to have no idea what you are talking about, since there will be plenty of taxes they are paying, VAT, NI, Council, IPT etc etc

Why is it ok for someone to waste all their money on holidays, fags and booze and then the people who save for later in life have to pay from those people? It's a joke

I suppose that fits in well with your opinion, so the Govt should be telling us what we can spend our money on as well?

You may think holidays and booze are a waste of money, I don't....and I'm sure all the holiday, fags and booze companies who employ a lot of people and pay corporation tax on profits dont either.

Soldato
Trouble is anyone else other than Tories will screw up the economy and brexit. When I say anyone else I mean usually there's only the chance of 2 actually getting a majority government on there own. This time it's really a 1 horse race.

I don't think they've thought out this internet idea and when they realise the cost and ineffectiveness of it they'll have a tough job convincing their own party.

Associate
The Conservatives will also seek to regulate the kind of news that is posted online and how companies are paid for it.

Is this the UK or North Korea ?! O.o

And let me guess, this will effect everyone except MPs, right? Because a politician can obviously be trusted.

Soldato
The government can hardly look after their own programs and schemes (the great PIP debacle comes to mind) what makes them think they can control a gigantic monolithic entity such as the internet? They would spend billions of taxpayers' money on what amounts to nothing but a massive failure. We need to get the message across that this is an unacceptable waste of money and time. We're already going to be hard up as it is after Brexit, we cannot afford to fritter away money like this. May needs to choose her battles against things she actually understands. The British government machinations with all their 1990s computers and shockingly IT-ignorant workers simply do not possess the ability nor the resources to carry out such a ridiculous idea.

Soldato
No, we stated that governments can have a greater impact on your life than big companies, and you don't have a choice of using their "services"/ following their rules. Big difference.

It's similar in the US, the republicans seem to want less privacy laws and seem to be busy trying to repeal ones put in place when Obama was in power.

Your second quote would seem to contradict your first somewhat, c'mon, you can't play both sides of the argument - that's just cheating! ;):p:D

Soldato
Trouble is anyone else other than Tories will screw up the economy and brexit. When I say anyone else I mean usually there's only the chance of 2 actually getting a majority government on there own. This time it's really a 1 horse race.

It's funny that Labour are the only party to release a costed manifesto, and historically have a better track record on government debt than the tories, yet 'they can't be trusted with the economy' because they had the misfortune to be in power during the global finanical crisis.

The last seven years have shown austerity isn't working, yet people will continue to vote Conservative, all the while complaining that the country is going down the pan…

Because they're a joke, and they want to undermine Brexit.

They're offering the country a chance to reassess the situation once we know exactly what Brexit will actually mean for the country — I'd hardly say that was undermining it.

Caporegime
Because this is about the internet & what they want to do with it.

I know - sorry, to clarify I made a thread about Corbyn and the IRA and it got merged with this one then with the election thread despite being about that topic and not the election or this topic per say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom