• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
Was playing bf4 the other day and decided to ramp up res scaling to 200% and it was still totally playable on a 64 man server, above 60 FPS. I know bf4 is quite old now but still, we are talking 1440p, ultra settings with 200% scaling, i.e. effectively 5k rendering.

I think 4k is very doable on this card.

It definitely is, I routinely play BF4 and BF1 at 4k.

BF1 is pretty great because it has full controller support (including aim assist) so I can play it on the big screen :)

Soldato
Was playing bf4 the other day and decided to ramp up res scaling to 200% and it was still totally playable on a 64 man server, above 60 FPS. I know bf4 is quite old now but still, we are talking 1440p, ultra settings with 200% scaling, i.e. effectively 5k rendering.

I think 4k is very doable on this card.
I play BF4 maxed out at 4K without any AA and im pulling over 120fps most of the time. I can guarantee it is very doable.

Soldato
Can't say I've got that issue here. Works fine, make sure you're on the latest beta.

Running 2100/6000Mhz with custom voltage curve. (EK waterblock)
Yea ill try again when i have some more time in the evening. At the moment GPU Tweak is doing a stellar job but i do miss the full onscreen info the MSI AB brings.

Associate
Can't say I've got that issue here. Works fine, make sure you're on the latest beta.

Running 2100/6000Mhz with custom voltage curve. (EK waterblock)

Geez. Impressive. I can't get mine to go over 2000 without is bugging out during the first couple of scenes in Superposition bench. Most I've got it to be stable is at 1974/6100.

Associate
The most up to date afterburner seems to work ok. Doesn't offer anything much over firestorm though I don't think. Managing to get 24mhz more on the gpu and 109mhz more on the memory so far. Seems stable. Temps never go over 66C and the fan never more than 53%. It is an impressive cooler, takes a long time for the fans to even need to come on.

Interesting, I have +100MHz on GPU clock and +450MHz on Memory Clock on my Zotac AMP Extreme. Anything above it and Superposition starts throwing artifacts. I was able to go around +150MHz on GPU and +600MHz on memory before it started crashing the driver ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Interesting, I have +100MHz on GPU clock and +450MHz on Memory Clock on my Zotac AMP Extreme. Anything above it and Superposition starts throwing artifacts. I was able to go around +150MHz on GPU and +600MHz on memory before it started crashing the driver ;)

Hey brother - I have an Amp Extreme too but can only achieve a stable +45 on the GPU without touching voltage. Have you increased your voltage? If so, how much? I'm scared to do so!

Man of Honour

What are you using to overclock it? I have maxed voltage % too.

Associate
Hi Chaps, I got my replacement Aorus 1080TI but got an extreme as it was the same price. The speed difference is 0 as they both boosted to the same. However there is no humming / Vibrating noise with this one.

Associate
Well, I asked months ago if MSI will bring out a 1080Ti Lightning and today it's been officially anounced they are :)

"We are also told that the GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z will feature Mystic Light support. The RGB Light-ning? Why not. It’s no longer black and yellow, it’s black and whatever color you are about to choose." says Videocardz magazine.

Sign me up - I've been waiting very patiently for this release ;)

Soldato
This, think of it as allowing the card 100% of its max power draw. If you struggle with the temperatures then water is your friend ;)

Almost there. No need for DVI and could have made it single slot though really I feel. it also would have made more room on the PCB to maybe loose another cm or so in length. Certainly working their way closer to the ITX size I would like.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom