gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Soldato
I have the K5, love it . runs corsair 16GB 3000hz LXP which isn't actually support with xmp enabled .

Bios is more limited then K7/5 which is a shame but well suited for a standard user slapping in an X version CPU and letting it get on with it .

I've manually got a 1600 running @3.8 with 1.3v , will push higher later

Associate
I Have the Gaming 5 , not missing out on much at all , you can still OC the same with K5 & even with a Gaming 3 or lower , So you really not missing out on much at all , Wish i went for K5 now

Soldato
OP
I have the K5, love it . runs corsair 16GB 3000hz LXP which isn't actually support with xmp enabled .

Bios is more limited then K7/5 which is a shame but well suited for a standard user slapping in an X version CPU and letting it get on with it .

I've manually got a 1600 running @3.8 with 1.3v , will push higher later

Ah now there's something I hadn't thought about. Get the k5 instead of the 5 and get the 1600x instead of the 1600, price is virtually the same.
How difficult was it to get the 1600 oc'd manually?

Soldato
OP
I Have the Gaming 5 , not missing out on much at all , you can still OC the same with K5 & even with a Gaming 3 or lower , So you really not missing out on much at all , Wish i went for K5 now
Yea looking more likely I'll go with the K5, or at least that's my current train of thought. It could change within the hour!!

Associate
It could change within the hour!!
:)

MSI B350 Tomahawk & Mortar Arctic White Ryzen Motherboard Review
OC3D TV Youtube review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjdyPPFq7M i like this Micro Atx board from MSI going for £98.99 Google search
full review ,Worth a watch if you not seen it , Whats good as he tested the top x1800
in all the boards in the benchmark tables & M-atx was just as good as the top x370 boards in oc
& got to 4.0ghz , saving over £200 if you go for m-atx

Gigabyte AORUS AX370-GAMING K5 still great buy for around £150 extra ports sata ports ..ect if needed

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzjdyPPFq7M i like this Micro Atx board from MSI going for £98.99 in the Jungle
full review ,Worth a watch if you not seen it.
Dude what are you trying to do to me, can you not tell I'm already an indecisive sod - don't throw more options into the mix on me! Lol
In fairness I'm pretty set on it at least being a gigabyte board mainly due previous good experiences and the uk based rma. Plus the gigabyte rep on the forums here seems too notch.

Associate
lol , If you watch that video its Shine down to you from the heavens ....
Showing you you don't need to pay out for a lot ,
no not saying get a MSI Board ,
but video shows you all boards what ever make can OC ,
So still I recommend the K5 , otherwise go for a under £100

LED lites around the Gaming K5 & K7 & Gaming 5 are really great also , same on each board :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah now there's something I hadn't thought about. Get the k5 instead of the 5 and get the 1600x instead of the 1600, price is virtually the same.
How difficult was it to get the 1600 oc'd manually?

I've been using Ryzen Master for the time being with troubling shooting and testing the system with XFire in Windows Creator edition which is a bit of a b**** but will transfer settings into Bios as soon as Mays Bios up fully released, im on not real rush

Associate
Not sure if it's already been stated, but I believe the K5 has the ability to adjust the BCLK like the K7, where the Gaming 5 does not.

Soldato
OP
looking more and more like the K5 then - haven't changed my mind in over 24hrs, so that's definitely a good sign!

cheers for the replies folks. i'll be doing a build log once I order the cpu, board and ram - going to be watercooling, initially just the cpu, so you all can have a look (and likely laugh!) at my efforts

Soldato
looking more and more like the K5 then - haven't changed my mind in over 24hrs, so that's definitely a good sign!

cheers for the replies folks. i'll be doing a build log once I order the cpu, board and ram - going to be watercooling, initially just the cpu, so you all can have a look (and likely laugh!) at my efforts

Seen arguments for k5 should have more of a Bios like Gaming 5 & k7- party I do agree with some but not as much, as then it defeats the point of the board as may as well get Gaming 5/K7 - and looks like Gigabyte covered pricing point though personally would have liked K5 to have hit £160 and k3 £145

K5 can't have fixed voltages via Bios for a heads up so I set mine Via Ryzen Master. Since k5 system is for sale, make life easier using oc software . but that's me personally for selling systems.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gigabytes UK support do seem good, and something to consider, I dropped a cpu onto my socket bending several pins, after giving up trying to straighten them I emailed them with a picture asking if they'd repair it (own fault not warranty claim).

They said send proof of purchase and as more than 3 pins were bent won't attempt to straighten, they'd put a new socket on it for £30 which I thought was very good!!

Soldato
OP
Gigabytes UK support do seem good, and something to consider, I dropped a cpu onto my socket bending several pins, after giving up trying to straighten them I emailed them with a picture asking if they'd repair it (own fault not warranty claim).

They said send proof of purchase and as more than 3 pins were bent won't attempt to straighten, they'd put a new socket on it for £30 which I thought was very good!!

Aye I'm seeing and hearing only good things about Gigabyte Support at the mo. Which had definitely been a big deciding factor.

Soldato
I'm assuming I'd have to cover the postage costs myself, and choose insurance, but even still it beats a lot or RMA processes as I won't have to send it overseas.

Back
Top Bottom