Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Soldato
I get the Mornflake Oats off Ocado - 3kg for £4. The MyProtein ones are WAY too fine and you end up with this weird soupy thing rather than a bowl of actual porridge. I suppose they're meant to be put in a shake and drank or something. Oats should be chunky!

Associate
I use Mornflake oats too, you can't fault the macros for the price.

@iBSOD Have you had the instant oats from myprotein before? I made the mistake of buying them for porridge. They are so fine, the only thing I could do with them was adding them to a protein shake which is utterly pointless and a waste of delicious carbs :D

Soldato
Got some Thermopure from Myprotein as it's on sale for £5.47 today, got to be worth trying for that money as I'm already taking few of the supplements included in it so cuts out the hassle.

Soldato
Test boosters do precisely nothing for gainz. If there was anything you could just buy over the counter that would make a meaningful difference to your hormonal profile then all your pro sportspeople and bodybuilders would be using it... but no, if you want surpaphysiological levels of testosterone then you have to get used to being a human pin cushion and use substances we're not permitted to discuss on here.

If you think your test is low then you should be looking at addressing the things that can cause low T and getting your levels checked. If you want to high enough T levels to make rapid gains...

tenor.gif
I bought what i thought was a test booster when i was about 21, turns out it was actually a pro hormone and so did work, but i did end up with lumps under my nipples for a while!

Soldato
Took delivery of some Glugosamine HCL from MyProtein, bottle has a rather strong chemical, almost ethanol like smell to it though. I'm used to some supplements smelling a little funky like Arginine but is that normal?

Man of Honour
Took delivery of some Glugosamine HCL from MyProtein, bottle has a rather strong chemical, almost ethanol like smell to it though. I'm used to some supplements smelling a little funky like Arginine but is that normal?

I have never bought glucosamine due to the complete dearth of evidence supporting its purported benefits... so I wouldn't know. ;)

Please tell me you bought some chondritin to take with it in the correct ratios so that it might make a statistic difference (not necessarily noticeable)...?

Soldato
I ordered some Glucosamine Chondroitin yesterday hoping that it'll help with joint pain. The joint pain isn't related to lifting - I'm actually starting lifting again in order to rid myself of the joint pain, but here's hoping this glucosamine helps!

Man of Honour
anyone know an alternative to My protein impact whey white chocolate. Lovely taste but far to sweet. Been adding it to breakfast to get some easy protein in there.
did try getting plain and getting some flavour drops, but they are just useless tried a few brands and they just deliver no taste, until like 5x plus the recommended dose then they taste odd.

Associate
Hi.

Hoping this is the right thread to post this in, wasn't sure if in here or the Gym Rats one, but this seemed more suited.

Anyhow....

Have been going to the gym since Feb, reasons for getting to the gym were two fold: -

1. Gave up smoking over 18 months ago and hence to say the waist line was getting a little tighter, so wanted to reduce that and generally get fitter.
  2. Was silly enough to agree to take part in a Tough Mudder (6th May - London West) back in September '16 and knew training for this would be very beneficial.

By training for the Tough Mudder I naturally achieved goal 1 and I'm very happy with the current early results of getting back in to the gym and hence I'm now continuing to go as often as I can.

I do find that on some days I just feel that I lack a little more oomph than I feel I should have. This I think might be very possibly down to my work/shift pattern which is 4 On/Off, split 2 days - 2 nights.

Hence I was considering trying some prework out drink/supplement to see if it helps and gives me a little more edge whilst there.

So my question is, what do you guys recommend?

I was considering trying something like this https://www.onacademy.co.uk/gold-standard-pre-workout-1

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

Associate
Thanks for your reply.

Just tried, link works fine for me both on iPad and Windows desktop?

Thought this might be the case. Did look at the ingredients and fully aware of the caffeine level.

Most days it's a bowl of porridge with either added nuts/seeds/fruit etc and a couple of cups of coffee before heading over to the gym approximately an hour or so later.

Whilst at the gym it's sips of just water throughout.

Soldato
Folks, question on Creatine - My routine usually goes weights/cardio (stationary bike 30k or rowing between 6k and 10k) plus Pilates and Yoga intersped on alternate days. Have been taking Creatine mono for about 6 months but was wondering if I should just take it every day or just on days I'm lifting but not on days where I do cardio/Pilates/Yoga? Other supplements I take are CLA 1500 soft gels plus Glucosamine and Fish oil and I also use SciMx Whey.

Ta for any advice. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom