I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
I received a Febtop Tech Optimus 3d printer/CNC milling machine this week, which I bought through Indiegogo, a few teething problems getting it setup but the 3d printer side of things has been very good so far, I've already designed a few upgrades and mods.

Associate
I received a Febtop Tech Optimus 3d printer/CNC milling machine this week, which I bought through Indiegogo, a few teething problems getting it setup but the 3d printer side of things has been very good so far, I've already designed a few upgrades and mods.

That sounds cool, got any pictures/video of it? I want a CNC machine.

J.

Soldato
So it's a little quiet around here? What's everyone up to?

I'm currently (for a while now) clear a space for my personal maker space, been printing a few odd bits including a mini snes case for a retropie set up, unfortunately the person who asked for it got impatient and got something off the bay :rolleyes:.

As a result I asked if I could sell it via the MM, the answer was no but I found out I could sell a 3D printer via the MM if I ever needed to.

J.

I'm thinking of selling my D-Bot. I've lost interest in 3D printing now. It was great while it lasted.

Sad to say I have too, I loved building it but the constant tinkering and tuning left me a little cold. Plus I could really do with the desk space back. That said when it's on form it doesn't half knock out some good prints.

That said I've considered picking up a Prusa i3 MK2, smaller footprint and by all accounts much less tinkering required.

Associate
I'm still loving 3D Printing, I'm no longer making video for YouTube but that's a personal choice.

Here are some of my recent prints,

MiniSNES Pi case
IMG_0134_zpsxjweoitr.jpg

RetroPi Zero NES Cart

IMG_0117_zps98ui5bvs.jpg

Polymaker Polysher print

IMG_0112_zpsxltdssxy.jpg

I AM GROOT

IMG_0142_zpswaflynee.jpg

J

Soldato
Hi all looking for someone with a 3D Printer to help me. I need a small plastic clip printed for a project sadly lost one of the two during a move but I still have one of them, is it possible to "scan" the original and make a copy ? This clip held a fluorescent bulb in place I don't think the bulb got too hot really but would there be a best type of plastic to print it with when concerning temperature?

Don't have my own Printer but would be happy to pay for someone to help me out send me a trust

Caporegime
Hi all looking for someone with a 3D Printer to help me. I need a small plastic clip printed for a project sadly lost one of the two during a move but I still have one of them, is it possible to "scan" the original and make a copy ? This clip held a fluorescent bulb in place I don't think the bulb got too hot really but would there be a best type of plastic to print it with when concerning temperature?

Don't have my own Printer but would be happy to pay for someone to help me out send me a trust

Post a photo of the clip. We have all kinds of lamp holders and clips at work :)

Soldato
It won't be cheap as it's got lots of extras. I will PM you when I decide but it will be pick up only.

Your not giving up 3d printing matey? Since you have given me your 3d printer, yeah its been a right pain to get things printing well, but I have got their at last I think. I am printing all sorts of things for myself and other people and they are turning out ok now 90% of the time.

I think Just having a 3d printer is really useful as you can print out parts for stuff, like at the moment Im printing out some "slanted speaker stands" for myself and mum wants me to print some pots for her pens and stuff. Its just a shame it takes so long to print, as most of my prints take 6-10hrs.

Soldato
What kind of temperamental issues are there with the dbot printers?

I'm currently 'borrowing' an ultimaker 3 which is pretty sweet, it takes almost zero mechanical fettling, the only thing I'm having to play with is print settings in cura to get the right print speed/quality/strength etc.

Current job is 27hrs at 0.25 layer height, using fine settings it would have taken over 3 days!

Associate
Hey,

So got the delta back in operation with the Prometheus System fitted, here a few of my most recent ones.

I had the system for a while but other projects/printers took up all my time but I needed some dual colour action :) .

James.

Soldato
Been having loads of fun with my cr-10, what an amazing printer for the price. The print quality isn't far off the ultimaker 3 I've been using at work!

Associate
Been having loads of fun with my cr-10, what an amazing printer for the price. The print quality isn't far off the ultimaker 3 I've been using at work!

Yeah the Ultimaker is over priced, your paying for the name, but also their tech support. My Fab Mini probably prints as good as one, lol.

My next full printer purchase is SLA/DLP, I've got 4 (5 if you count parts) FDM printers but the quality of resin prints are amazing. I'm a backer of the Bean on Kickstarter so waiting for that before I can try SLA stuff.

J.

Back
Top Bottom