• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Graphics card doesn't like new drivers, can only game on old drivers.

X82

X82

Associate
I've had this problem for some time now and just muddled through, but I've kind of had enough now. I am using an XFX R9 280X. If I use the latest ATI drivers, no games run, at all. I get messages from Overwatch saying "no compatible graphics hardware found". Any game I try to run either says similar or just bluescreens. I managed to solve the issue by downloading version 17.3.3-Mar16. Anything newer produces the same results.

Worse still is Windows 10 fighting against me. If I use those old drivers (or the default ones Windows assigns to the card) games work, but Win 10 insists on updating it. So I will come home and find the graphics driver have been updated by Windows and none of my games work.

I am baffled as to why this is happening. I've tried going from Win 10 to Win 7, no change. Updated every driver I could, no change.

As I mentioned, I can solve it, but I will need to update the drivers eventually I would have thought and I can't. One of those cases where updating to the latest drivers isn't a wise idea.

Don't know if it points to a larger issue with my card or something else, but this is proving a problem.

X82

X82

Associate
OP
Well, AMD.

Motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-V LX and is using the latest BIOS. Well, what ever Asus fart out as the latest (2013/07/23)

Back
Top Bottom