Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Soldato
I wonder... With the age of this guy and him being male, is it more to do with the horrid education system in the last 20 years that has given little hope to this age group that they wont just be stacking shelves? I mean there's plenty of other problems in Britain (racial tensions, economic problems, family tensions, stale culture of drinking and drugs etc), but if people are growing up with little hope in this country, why wouldn't they lash out if they could and had extra motivation for being a racial minority?

There are a lot of young white youths in this country who are in the same boat (chavs) who aren't too far away from being a similar nuisance if this country gets any less dignified and the European nationalism starts agitating too much... We can blame Islam all we want, but we're ignoring the biggest issue here.

You are trying to create a clever narrative when it's clear what went on. I don't know anyone in the 1980s when youth unemployment was at a high who would actively try and kill children because of their declining prospects. You are looking in the wrong places, seriously get a grip, it's bordering on offensive.

Caporegime
I'm not being boring, but to excuse violence at any level or in any area allows for complicity. You could have said the same about football hooliganism or industrial disputes like Orgreave or Wapping, (I am not taking sides), but lack of opportunity and or education was probably a factor in all.

To mitigate a mass murderer for his possible poor start in life is pushing it.

People arent though but something is going wrong. It always seems to be the young, British born to immigrants who are becoming the terrorists. Yes we can try and catch them befor e they do something but that is dealing with the affect and not the source. I never seem to see that it is the original immigrants who are killing people. They probably are glad to be here and just get on with life.

So unless we are prepared to do something about what is turning young children of immigrants into terrorists we will just have more and more of these events.

Yes one solution would be to round up every offspring of an immigrant and kick them out of the country or intern them. Thats extreme and brings further problems and potentially makes even more terror attacks.

Or we figure out what the hell we are doing wrong that is making them in the first place and try and tackle that issue. In the meantime, ramp up the security forces and monitoring until a longer term solution is found.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well since Corbyn considers various terrorists and terrorist groups to be his 'friends', yes this might well cause people to consider whether he is really suitable for the role... but I'm not sure we can discuss that too much in this thread as there is another thread for political discussion to be re-opened later.

Is that the same folk who have just been ruling northern Ireland peacefully for the past 15 years or so. ?

Sorry but when you deal with the devil you also have to talk to the Devil, and talking is better than killing.

Caporegime
She's been in power for a relatively short period of time so it's hardly her fault

And even with more resources that doesn't guarantee some people won't slip through the net, it would be probably be near impossible to monitor everybody anyways

She was home secretary for years before though.

Caporegime
She's been in power for a relatively short period of time so it's hardly her fault

And even with more resources that doesn't guarantee some people won't slip through the net, it would be probably be near impossible to monitor everybody anyways

Uhh... TS2y3mZ.jpg.png

She's had control of the police for 7 years (if we include being PM as in control).

Caporegime
Is that the same folk who have just been ruling northern Ireland peacefully for the past 15 years or so. ?

Sorry but when you deal with the devil you also have to talk to the Devil, and talking is better than killing.

There is a difference between talking with and actively supporting/sympathising with. And not just them either - he's referred to Islamist groups Hamas and Hezbollah as his 'friends' - groups that carry out exactly this sort of suicide attack against civilians.

Caporegime
You are trying to create a clever narrative when it's clear what went on. I don't know anyone in the 1980s when youth unemployment was at a high who would actively try and kill children because of their declining prospects. You are looking in the wrong places, seriously get a grip, it's bordering on offensive.

Offensive?

You better be joking, you can't use anecdotal evidence and then call me offensive. I needn't remind you that there was a riot not too long ago mostly involving a certain demographic that i'm talking about. The 80s also is also a different period of time that is rather irrelevant to whats going on now.

Man of Honour
Come on now, it's not a general issue with young first gen immigrants. It's an issue for young first gen immigrants from a specific part of a specific religion. You don't see first gens from other backgrounds blowing themselves and other people up with nail bombs. That indicates the problem lies in a different cause. They are being deliberately targeted to turn them into naive weapons.

Man of Honour
What annoys me is that you have all of the usual:

- Politicians saying the same old things, terror won't win
- People saying the same old things on social media and changing their pictures, "pulling together"

Yet it'll just happen again. And again. And again.

A serious, new plan needs to be drawn up by the powers that be. It's near on impossible to stop, but more can be done.

Also, a load of armed soliders won't be much use if a guy casually walks into a crowd and blows himself up. Unless he gives a warning beforehand, which he obviously wouldn't.

It's crazy, and frustrating.

Soldato
I'm not being boring, but to excuse violence at any level or in any area allows for complicity. You could have said the same about football hooliganism or industrial disputes like Orgreave or Wapping, (I am not taking sides), but lack of opportunity and or education was probably a factor in all.

To mitigate a mass murderer for his possible poor start in life is pushing it.
So we're not supposed to look into the factors that may have contributed to a criminal's actions? Not supposed to think of ways we might improve things to make it less likely to happen again? He's clearly not excusing mass murder, what an odd thing to say.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
There is a difference between talking with and actively supporting/sympathising with. And not just them either - he's referred to Islamist groups Hamas and Hezbollah as his 'friends' - groups that carry out exactly this sort of suicide attack against civilians.

So Martin Mcguines was an innocent then... The entire British government was a sympathiser.

V F

V F

Soldato
What annoys me is that you have all of the usual:

- Politicians saying the same old things, terror won't win
- People saying the same old things on social media and changing their pictures, "pulling together"

Yet it'll just happen again. And again. And again.

A serious, new plan needs to be drawn up by the powers that be. It's near on impossible to stop, but more can be done.

Also, a load of armed soliders won't be much use if a guy casually walks into a crowd and blows himself up. Unless he gives a warning beforehand, which he obviously wouldn't.

It's crazy, and frustrating.

7/7. 10 years now. Well, almost. The politicians know there is a problem but wont admit it.

Caporegime
I don't really want to bring politics in to this, but someone raised the point that I hadn't considered.

The police have had their funding cut massively under the Tory government. No question. Do the police therefore have adequate resources to monitor the people that are on these lists?

Caporegime
Come on now, it's not a general issue with young first gen immigrants. It's an issue for young first gen immigrants from a specific part of a specific religion. You don't see first gens from other backgrounds blowing themselves and other people up with nail bombs. That indicates the problem lies in a different cause. They are being deliberately targeted to turn them into naive weapons.

I know it isn't, which is why i said the extra motivation from being Muslim where there are acknowledged channels for becoming belligerent, those channels aren't too far away from being developed for European youths with the current nationalistic fervor coming in. We do not want to go back to the dark days of European terror, it was infinitely worse.

Breivik will not be the last, he killed kids too btw... a lot more.

Soldato
What does Corbyn's support for terrorists have to do with 'Conservative incompetence'?

A comment was made regarding Theresa May, the current Prime Minister, and you somehow managed to bring up the oppositions leader, like you do in every other post.

Back
Top Bottom