Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
It was a couple of hundred under that, with all optional extras included. I haven't seen many ST-200 with delivery miles only on for that price, only ones with 3k+ miles.

Yeah, I may end up just going for the standard ST3 fully loaded. Part of me is saying wait for the new model next year but I'm not sold on the exterior, something just looks off. Has anyone had any dealings with drive the deal? They seem to offer a keen price, car wow only seems to let you choose the ST1 or 2 not 3 for some strange reason so I can't get quotes on that.

Soldato
Has anyone had any dealings with drive the deal?

They're good, although you don't get to choose which dealer to get the car from and you aren't told until after you put down a small deposit. When I got my ST-3 I had to do a 200-mile round trip to collect it from central Wales as the dealer chosen wouldn't arrange the finance over the phone.

Soldato
They're good, although you don't get to choose which dealer to get the car from and you aren't told until after you put down a small deposit. When I got my ST-3 I had to do a 200-mile round trip to collect it from central Wales as the dealer chosen wouldn't arrange the finance over the phone.

That could be a pain. I wonder if my local ford dealer would get anywhere near DTD's pricing?

Associate
Have you looked on www.happynewcar.co.uk ?

We bought a new Renault traffic through them last year for work, the local dealer offered us a £200 discount happynewcar offered us £8000 ! Kinda a no brainier and easy to deal with you can choose all the options you'd like too and they deliver it to you if you prefer.

Soldato
Have you looked on www.happynewcar.co.uk ?

We bought a new Renault traffic through them last year for work, the local dealer offered us a £200 discount happynewcar offered us £8000 ! Kinda a no brainier and easy to deal with you can choose all the options you'd like too and they deliver it to you if you prefer.

I haven't mate but will take a look. My local dealer replied on car wow claiming that Ford have ceased production of the current ST3 so they have offered me one they have sourced, is that the case? Seems a bit early to stop production when the new model is still 8-9 months away. I am half tempted to just hold off but there's alsways the risk the newer one won't be as good as the current one which gets rave reviews.

Soldato
Trying to decide between an ST3 or the GT86, really struggling to choose between them.

I definitely prefer the looks of the GT86, but the fiesta is a fair bit cheaper to buy, and I'd assume cheaper to run as well, in addition to being a bit more practical overall.

Has anyone spent some time with both? Would you say either is notably more fun to drive? Big difference in the acceleration between them?

Soldato
Go and drive them both, they're vastly different. What might suit someones driving style might not suit yours.

Have driven the fiesta, which felt very nice, and similar to my current ST150. Need to get out and try the GT86 as well though.

Just interested to see other people's thoughts though, before I get a chance to try each myself.

Soldato
I went from a mk7 Fiesta ST to a GT86, they aren't at all similar. The GT86 does corner better and has a much better driving position though. It's also really tail happy so you got to be careful in the wet, but it is easy and fun to slide around :D

TBH the difference in acceleration isn't huge. Being normally aspirated the GT86's engine is more responsive and most of the power kicks in after about 5000 revs (and will rev to 7500), just when it starts to drop off in the ST. So you need to make lots of noise to extract the power from it :)

The ST was cheaper to run, but not by a massive amount. My GT86 is getting just over 31mpg with some town driving, my ST got 36 on the same route. But I do like revs, so that is a factor.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do people think these will crash in price once we get closer to the MK8 launch? I'm tempted to just hold off now and see how prices fare or just wait for the 2018 model.
Prices seem to have barely changed since September when I bought mine despite the announcement.

15 plates on ~25k miles from main dealers now are advertised at almost exactly what my 64 plate was in September. If anything there seems to be a significant amount that are advertised higher!

All i expect to lose on mine is the difference between buying from a dealer and selling privately. I expect if I'd bought privately last year the loss would be negligible.

That doesn't really answer your question, but still... :p

Associate
Do people think these will crash in price once we get closer to the MK8 launch? I'm tempted to just hold off now and see how prices fare or just wait for the 2018 model.

Ford were doing a total of £2100 "savings" and 0% finance with a £0 deposit right before the new 17 plates were out. I'd imagine they might do something similar in August.

Soldato
Ford were doing a total of £2100 "savings" and 0% finance with a £0 deposit right before the new 17 plates were out. I'd imagine they might do something similar in August.

Thanks I might keep an eye out on that but I'm wondering if it is true that they have ceased production, I will have to see what other dealers say.

Soldato
Prices will crash and have already dropped a lot, mainly due to the fact there is so many of them. I was only offered 8.2k from a dealer for my 2013 ST-2 with MP215.

For car to hold it's value well it needs to be uncommon and a bit out of the norm. The market is flooded with hot hatches.

Soldato
Do you guys think £189 down and then £189 p/m for 2-3 years is good for a Fiesta ST3 ? I can get family discount on Ford privelage plus.
It sounds a good deal to me as most other leases are around a 1.5k down payment and similar per month but then it's still roughly 4.5k over 2 years that I'm not getting back and the new model is coming out soon isn't it?
My other option is possibly spending 5k cash on another 2006 Focus ST225 which I doubt will cost me as much over 2 years in depreciation and running costs. Anyone go from the Focus to the Fiesta ST and find it better?

Soldato
Had a second test drive in the ST yesterday, short story is I enjoyed it a lot more than the first drive. I think I underestimated it first time around.

The extra pull and acceleration over my ST150, especially low down in the rev range is impressive. The car seems happy to just go. Then everything else is a general improvement over mine.

Considering the prices of used ST3s now, and some of the deals on the remaining new stock, I'm getting very tempted by one.

Soldato
Do you guys think £189 down and then £189 p/m for 2-3 years is good for a Fiesta ST3 ? I can get family discount on Ford privelage plus.
It sounds a good deal to me as most other leases are around a 1.5k down payment and similar per month but then it's still roughly 4.5k over 2 years that I'm not getting back and the new model is coming out soon isn't it?
My other option is possibly spending 5k cash on another 2006 Focus ST225 which I doubt will cost me as much over 2 years in depreciation and running costs. Anyone go from the Focus to the Fiesta ST and find it better?

I did. The Fiesta ST feels quite similar, just more agile. The Focus ST is quicker, but not be a huge amount. The mk2 Focus ST has more feel to the steering through as it's hydraulic.

Back
Top Bottom