Game(s) you cannot stop playing?

Soldato
Yeah cant wait to see a new one. Should look outstanding if we ever get another one.

I've never really got on with R4 and Champion. I preferred R3 for the way it controlled and looked. I thought the others were a step back to be completely honest.

Frankly, I haven't played all of them so I can't give an extensive opinion on them.

There was a rumour in January about a new one being in the works, I hope there was some truth in that.

Associate
I have had a pretty solid pro evolution soccer addiction since iss pro evolution 2 on the ps1.

However last year my friends convinced me to get Dark Souls 3.... after that I played 1.
I then got a PS4 mainly for Bloodborne which I am currently playing!

Soldato
Counter strike/ counter strike source.

Well, up until to December 2016. Since then I haven't played much of anything only VR games. 2D games just seem, well, flat now.

Soldato
OP
Counter strike/ counter strike source.

Well, up until to December 2016. Since then I haven't played much of anything only VR games. 2D games just seem, well, flat now.

VR is awesome, but I have a suspicion it'll be a fad rather than mainsteam. If I wore my Sony VR set today it would have steamed up most of the time. Just not practical for long term gaming.

Soldato
I am now seriously hooked on Nier: Automata.
Seriously, this game is a true gem and simply oozes charm and style. It's just so outlandishly beautiful, one of the most unique gaming experiences I've ever had.

The soundtrack is hands-down the best I've heard in a game and the story is far-removed from all those medieval WRPGs that do the same thing over and over again and way more inventive.

The way the game handles the plot and the mechanics (there is a connection there) might well be the most ambitious attempt at storytelling in games that's hard to describe without spoiling anything. Also, it touches upon rather somber and thought-provoking themes in its own clever, quirky way.

Even the gameplay is top-notch, with beautiful combat animations and fluid movement. The game does stuff like sudden changes of perspective etc. to throw you off occasionally and spice things up.

The only faults I can find are the graphics, some invisible walls and a couple of fetch sidequests. The open world could also have been better but I guess it works for the game and can look quite depressing and eerie.

This is the defining game of the generation IMO. No current gen title will top its uniqueness and what it does, I can even bet money on that. Not even TLoU 2 which will almost certainly be bloody masterpiece. But it won't be as unique and charming as this niché underdog.
It's an immense achievement with a small budget and no serious hype. Suffice to say, I've put Horizon and Zelda on hold so that I could focus on it.

I've realised this has turned into a mini-review of sorts so I'll just c&p all of it into the PC review thread section (I've got the PC version) once I complete the game and add some details about the positives and negatives:p

EDIT: Even if you don't want to play the game, you should do yourself a favour and at least listen to the OST

Last edited:
Associate
Borderlands.

As much as I play other games, I always think I could just be playing Borderlands.

I think it's partly down to the fact I very rarely get time to play as much as I would have in the past, plus a lot of the online FPS I play have people who can put hour after hour into the game, and I swear the player matching system is beyond useless.

I guess in future I'll just buy offline games, single-player games or online ones that have no real gain in playing them for hours on end.

I should also add, I played the likes of FIFA and just found there was way too many buttons to press to play a simple game, so I end up giving up after 5 minutes.

Soldato
I've realised this has turned into a mini-review of sorts so I'll just c&p all of it into the PC review thread section (I've got the PC version) once I complete the game and add some details about the positives and negatives:p

EDIT: Even if you don't want to play the game, you should do yourself a favour and at least listen to the OST

This has been on my radar but I'm debating whether to get it on PC or PS4. Wonder if it takes advantage of Pro.. Can't decide!

Caporegime
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Currently on my 5th or 6th replay of it. I can now complete it in half the time it took me as a child yet every so often I just get the "I need to do this again" feeling. I am infatuated with the game.

Soldato
This has been on my radar but I'm debating whether to get it on PC or PS4. Wonder if it takes advantage of Pro.. Can't decide!

The PC port is a bit dodgy, I don't know about the PS4 Pro support as I haven't read too much into it.

Whatever you decide, you absolutely have to play this game. It really is the unique gem of this generation and I expect nothing like it until the next Nier arrives (if ever).

It does many things so much better than games with a lot higher budget:

-practically the best OST ever

-great combat and movement

-INSANE animation quality

-very wierd and beautifully outlandish atmosphere paired with a narrative that is both quirky and deep and toys with the player in unexpected ways

-lots of little nods towards the player which I won't spoil

Obviously, other games are still great but if you want something else and a one-of-a-kind experience, look no further.

If you want, see for yourself how powerful and detailed the animations look, but don't watch all of it to avoid spoilers (6-7 mins should be all right), this is action RPG with action done right, the combat is so fast and fluid that you can only see the details in slow-mo:

Also, this track gets me every time:

The others are even more epic, but don't want to spoil any more if intend to play the game:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed. But I've not got BOTW yet so this may change.

I think even if it is "better" WW will always have a special place for me. The graphics, Links expressions, the comedy, the action, the sailing...I just love it. :)

That art style is timeless, and many laughed at the time!

I have been lucky enough to play through botw, it's truly amazing but in a different way, I still hold WE at the top, for me!

Back
Top Bottom