Which 140mm fan for my radiator

Associate
I've changed my radiator from 360mm/240mm to 420mm single radiator. Which fan would you recommend I'm looking for quietness as my primary requirement.

I tried 3x140 Silent Wings 3 (1000rpm) but found them to have buzzing sound. I moved to Phanteks SP140 (have 8 of them) but these were okay but still wanting something quieter. I also tried 3x140mm Apache fans which about the same.

I've looked at Noctua A14, Noctua Redux and EK Varder F1-140/F2-140 and really cant decide which would work best for me.

I'm looking at running them <900rpm as the computer is behind the TV. It is used for media playback and gaming.

Let me know your thoughts.

Associate
Maybe you got a bad batch ?

Personally I'm a massive noiseblocker fan ... fan (?)

The build quality is awesome and you cant beat a 6 year warranty on their new stuff.

worth a look ?

Soldato
No buzzing from my SW3's, sounds like you might have a dodgy one, unless you're getting reverb from the case, loose screw or proximity to filter. Sometimes that can happen.

Associate
I've been through a few and stuck with these. Noise is very important to me. These sound very nice with no buzz at all :)

Associate
Click the build log link in my sig for a look mate.

I have 2 in push only and 3 in pull only and one as an intake with no rad. Depends on the water temp to how fast they spin. My air intake fan runs at 70% min up to 98% max and my rad fans run from 0% to 100% depending on the water temp.

Associate
OP
Click the build log link in my sig for a look mate.

I have 2 in push only and 3 in pull only and one as an intake with no rad. Depends on the water temp to how fast they spin. My air intake fan runs at 70% min up to 98% max and my rad fans run from 0% to 100% depending on the water temp.

Great thanks for the information. Gonna sort out a replacement order soon. Just thinking about how which one to get 1000rpm vs 1600rpm. God decision, decisions.

Associate
OP
Well after some serious thought I actually purchased 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans, as they were on offer this week on OcUK. Fitted them yesterday and very very pleased, they are very quiet between 600 and 800rpm. Temperature wise 2c cooler at IDLE and 5c cooler at LOAD. Testing them in a push configuration but will try pull also to see which performs the best.

Back
Top Bottom