How many versions of the Apple Watch Sport exist?

Soldato
Hi

I recently sent my Apple Watch Sport 42mm space grey to a recycling site.

In the order I set up, I was selling them a 'Watch Sport 42mm' for £160.

When they've received the item, they say it is not as described and say my item is not a 'Watch Sport 42mm', my item is a 'Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey aluminium' and that it is only worth £110.

Looking around, there is no such thing as a 'Watch Sport 42mm' on its own and my device would indeed fit that description other than missing the colour identifier.

Does anyone know what model this 'Watch Sport 42mm' that's worth £160 would be? All of the original Apple Watch sports were made of aluminium and came in 38mm or 42mm sizes.

The site will not honour the £160 they originally offered for my device and have instead said I can either take the £110 or have the device returned. I just want the £160 they originally offered!

Best wishes

M.

Soldato
There are 2 versions of the apple watch '1'. They refreshed it slightly when the Watch 2 came out and continued to sell it as Apple watch Series 1. So yes its possible you selected the wrong model.

Edit:
Just googled it:
First apple watch was single core.

Second watch was dual core and split into Series 1 without GPS and Series 2 with GPS plus a few other upgrades.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There are 2 versions of the apple watch '1'. They refreshed it slightly when the Watch 2 came out and continued to sell it as Apple watch Series 1. So yes its possible you selected the wrong model.

Edit:
Just googled it:
First apple watch was single core.

Second watch was dual core and split into Series 1 without GPS and Series 2 with GPS plus a few other upgrades.

The product I selected was 'Apple Watch Sport 42mm'.

The series 1 and series 2 versions are totally different as they are the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom