New 65" TV needed 3k budget?

Soldato
OLED won't be as awesome watching normal TV as the technology is best when getting the highest quality input like Blu-ray etc but with your budget I would definitely try and see one like the LG B6 65".

Soldato
I'd get the Sony 65zd9. Slightly above budget by £400 from TPS, (but comes with free x800 uhd player)

Full Array LED, Local Dimming, future upgrade to Dolby Vision and superb HDR performance.

Associate
OP
thanks guys... appreciate the response!!

Every oled tv I have looked at in my budget seems to have issues of some sort...banding and input lag or oled would be my number one choice. Unless someone can point me towards one that doesn't. I know you can never find the perfect TV as all have something wrong with them.

Funnily enough I was looking at reviews of the Sony 65zd9 today and was quite impressed.

Need to look into Panasonic as well as they have been my preferred brand choice for the last two TV's.

I'm sure all above will blow away my Panasonic vt50b plasma currently using.

Associate
We've just had the 65dx902b and it's awesome. Great blacks, HDR is bright and it's available in bundles. We looked at the LG B6 OLED and couldn't deal with the stuttering. Happy to say the 902 has zero issues that reach annoyance stage. Have noticed one very feint bit of banding whilst panning in footy, but I really have to,look for it.

Al

Soldato
Panasonic DX902 is another good shout but the Sony will support Dolby Vision, has more local dimming zones and has better motion handling but obviously costs more.

I'm waiting to move house and have a similar budget to you, as soon as I move I'll be buying the ZD9. OLED are great for their black handling, but for motion, their ability with HDR content, they're just not good enough for me.

Caporegime
thanks guys... appreciate the response!!

Every oled tv I have looked at in my budget seems to have issues of some sort...banding and input lag or oled would be my number one choice. Unless someone can point me towards one that doesn't. I know you can never find the perfect TV as all have something wrong with them.

Funnily enough I was looking at reviews of the Sony 65zd9 today and was quite impressed.

Need to look into Panasonic as well as they have been my preferred brand choice for the last two TV's.

I'm sure all above will blow away my Panasonic vt50b plasma currently using.

panasonic are pretty much dead within the market.

they reigned for so long because of their plasmas. when plasma died their lcd offerings were always mediocre at best and their smart tv and UI was always crap.

LG OLED all day with this budget

Back
Top Bottom