Indy 500 - Alonso

Soldato
Alonso is still looking to me like he has pace in the bag. I'm going to call it, no problems, Alonso wins this.

The pace was never in question. This kind racing has a lot of subtle strategy to it though and as much as I want him to win I'm expecting his inexperience to catch him out somewhere late on and one of the regulars to school him.

Soldato
The pace was never in question. This kind racing has a lot of subtle strategy to it though and as much as I want him to win I'm expecting his inexperience to catch him out somewhere late on and one of the regulars to school him.

Yep. Same here.
Years ago, when Mansell was in his pomp, he was racing the Indy500. He was leading up until the last yellow flag. On the restart, he got overtaken by 2 cars and finished 3rd.

With regards to Alonso, although I have believed that he is the fastest driver in F1, having been in a poor car for many years, I was beginning to doubt this. However, from what I can see of his showing today, give him a fast car and even in a car and track which are new to him, the guy is still able to compete. For me, he remains the best single seater driver in the World. It is a travesty that he has not managed to find himself a car which is able to compete for a win, meanwhile lesser drivers go on to win multiple races and titles.

Back
Top Bottom